dtv lnb that receives HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteSearcher

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
Oregon
I am using the dtv 18"x20" phrase lll dish (3 lnbs), that gets the 101, 110,119 Sats. I am told that these lnbs will not receive the HD channels. Can I buy the lnbs that will receive HD channels and install it on my present dtv dish or do I have to buy a new lnb and dish setup for HD????

Thanks,
SatelliteSearcher

its been done before. I thought about trying it on my setup but then I'd have to reaim the dish as a Phase III is aimed at 110 and a slimline is aimed at 101

Hi Iceberg:

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what dish and lnb setup I have to buy to receive the HD channels? This dish is for our 5th wheel camper, so if there is a small unit that is available that would be better.

Thanks,
John

How about our Oregon Ducks football team!!!!! Pretty exciting around here these days, its been a long time a comin!!!!!! Take Care.

John,
If you want HD in your RV, I would suggest going with the Slimline 3 (non SWM variety, no need for the extra acceseries with the swm) ....
Unless you NEED the 110 or 119 for some reason.

This is the set up I use or my Motorhome.

Hi Jimbo:

So, are the HD channels just on the 101? What programming do I get on the 110 & 119? Is there a guide that shows what programming you get on each sat?

The hd channels are on 99 and 103. 101 is for the majority of the sd programming. 119 contains many local sd channels. 110 is pretty much vacant. Check here for what is where:HD - LyngSat HD

The hd channels are on 99 and 103. 101 is for the majority of the sd programming. 119 contains many local sd channels. 110 is pretty much vacant. Check here for what is where:HD - LyngSat HD

Hi Jimbo:

So, are the HD channels just on the 101? What programming do I get on the 110 & 119? Is there a guide that shows what programming you get on each sat?

Chip covered that for you while I was away !
Thanks Chip :up

As mentioned, the HD is on the 99 and 103 sats, which you get with a Slimline dish.

You will also need a b-band converter and a compatable receiver.I would go with the slimline it would take someone who really knows what they are doing to pick up those ka band signals on anything else

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)