DTV Local Spot beams

Status
Please reply by conversation.

5string

Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
I've been researching the site, can't seem to find the answer to this question. I'm located in Connecticut, from various spot beam maps it looks
like my area is serviced be 2-3 beams. If I subscribe to a DTV service can I pick up locals in the 2-3 beam area or just my zip-coded locals. In reading various threads, It seams like there is some success in picking up Central PA feeds in my area ... enabling me to pick up football games outside my area... Can I pick up CONUS beam channels if I subscribe to one of the DTV services ?? Would appreciate some help and guidance .. will keep searching... THANKS!

al said:
Legally, you can only receive local channels for your Designated Market Area (DMA).

I don't think he was asking about the legality :) The answer is no, you wont receive the other stations even if their spot beam overlaps your location. They will only allow you to receive the DMA stations you are subscribing to.

Thanks for the response ... then if I want to view football outside my area the only option is subscribe to the standard ticket service ? I thought that if I subscribed to one of the services... I could find other channels on the service provider's satellites perhaps ones on a conus beam .. and I would be able to pick up this feed within their service or subscription... Any ohter thoughts... Really appreciate the inputs...

Thanks for the response ... then if I want to view football outside my area the only option is subscribe to the standard ticket service ? I thought that if I subscribed to one of the services... I could find other channels on the service provider's satellites perhaps ones on a conus beam .. and I would be able to pick up this feed within their service or subscription... Any other thoughts... Really appreciate the inputs...

In order to watch out of market sports events, you are required to subscribe to the package, such as NFL Sunday Ticket. With the subscription, you will be able to view all the games within that subscription, provided it has not been blacked out by the league.

Al

Al, thanks for the reply looks like its the ticket to watch out of market games... thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts