Dtv operators for new service stinks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ippymiss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
ohio
Ive been with the other guys for 5 years. Decided to call Dtv after looking thru the website all day long and deciding what i wanted. I want the Ultimate package at 39.99 for 12 months . Called CS to get NEW service and talked to the rudest person on the face of this earth. He told me what my prices will be which is 20.00$ more then what they say online, I told him I wanted the online price of 39.99. I asked about a referal credit of 10.00$ which I have to give them. He told me I couldn't do both and thats the way the ball bounces! ....what? I asked him if he talks to all his customers that way, he says yeah! He then decided to give me a song and a dance. I wanted to hang up and call back tomorrow when my blood pressure returned to normal, he told me If I wanted service a 1.00$ will hold it. I wanted to see a side by side comparison of all the packages, told me it couldnt be done. I ask why? he said and I quote........."I don't know I just sell it" I then told him I will call back and he said "LATER". and hung up.

Now, if this is way way directv conducts business I will stay with the other guys and hop away!

Ive been with the other guys for 5 years. Decided to call Dtv after looking thru the website all day long and deciding what i wanted. I want the Ultimate package at 39.99 for 12 months . Called CS to get NEW service and talked to the rudest person on the face of this earth. He told me what my prices will be which is 20.00$ more then what they say online, I told him I wanted the online price of 39.99. I asked about a referal credit of 10.00$ which I have to give them. He told me I couldn't do both and thats the way the ball bounces! ....what? I asked him if he talks to all his customers that way, he says yeah! He then decided to give me a song and a dance. I wanted to hang up and call back tomorrow when my blood pressure returned to normal, he told me If I wanted service a 1.00$ will hold it. I wanted to see a side by side comparison of all the packages, told me it couldnt be done. I ask why? he said and I quote........."I don't know I just sell it" I then told him I will call back and he said "LATER". and hung up.

Now, if this is way way directv conducts business I will stay with the other guys and hop away!

One of the tried and true tricks from the world of installations = If the CSR tells you or your customer that seems wrong just end the conversation. Call back later and you will get another CSR who may know more. They are all different and everybody has a first day at work.

Joe

that sounds crazy, you are sure you called the actual Directv # and not some middle man? (not that middle men are bad,just that maybe you got a crappy installer with a disgruntled employee)

My call last month was very well handled by "otto" he was very nice and seemed to know the Directv system well.

Yes, I called Dtv...and I will call again today and ask for retentions... Do they are a different number then the one posted on the website? Thanks!

Retentions is for those that are leaving, not starting.
Not sure if they will be of any help or not, but you could tell them your situation and they will move you to a different Scheduling /ordering dept.

After dealing with less than stellar service people with Comcast for 15 years, it was so refreshing when I called D* to learn about my options for service. I did call several times and talked to the nicest most knowledgeable people. I really was so pleasantly surprised. That was one of the things that sold me on D*. Something doesn't sound right with your experience based on mine.

You can get their deals and add the referral credit on top. I did that when I opened my account.

One thing he may have been right about was the price. I do believe the $39.99 is programming only. If you get extras like DVR, MRV, HD, or receivers it could increase by $20.00 quickly.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can get their deals and add the referral credit on top. I did that when I opened my account.

One thing he may have been right about was the price. I do believe the $39.99 is programming only. If you get extras like DVR, MRV, HD, or receivers it could increase by $20.00 quickly.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ya, I say forget MVR and DVR and get just HD receivers, save a lot of money that way.

No, the price he said did not include the dvr or anything else. He was wrong. I love having a DVR....will call tonight, thanks.

I would go crazy going back to a 2 tuner DVR ;)
Well, I have three dual tuner dvr's (1 Dish 722K, 1 Tivo Premiere and a 2-tuner HTPC) and they work just fine for us :p. I do find that about a third of our families tv viewing is streaming from our Roku players though.

Well, I have three dual tuner dvr's (1 Dish 722K, 1 Tivo Premiere and a 2-tuner HTPC) and they work just fine for us :p. I do find that about a third of our families tv viewing is streaming from our Roku players though.

We find ourselves using roku more often than not, no dvr needed.

Recently got hooked on "fringe" from amazon prime.

Be certain you are actually calling Direct TV. 1-888-795-9488. Also the website clearly says some of the incentives are only available if you order online.

Be certain you are actually calling Direct TV. 1-888-795-9488. Also the website clearly says some of the incentives are only available if you order online.

That's a ploy, I know this for a fact. I've signed up customers real recently & got them the exact same deal on the website.

Two things to recognize:

1. The website offer page CLEARLY states "Online ONLY!" on the big red banner at the top of the page. This isn't your garden variety DIRECTV light gray fine print. This condition applies to people who are certain that they are bloody well entitled as well as those who have no such delusions.

2. DIRECTV is using a lot of contractors for Customer Service and Professional Installation these days (around 60% or more). The OP's treatment isn't excusable, but it illustrates what can happen and why DIRECTV has been slipping in the satisfaction surveys.

That's a ploy, I know this for a fact. I've signed up customers real recently & got them the exact same deal on the website.
There's a significant difference between ordering from you and ordering from DIRECTV. When they call DIRECTV they aren't ordering through or from you nor through the low-overhead DIRECTV website applet.

There's a significant difference between ordering from you and ordering from DIRECTV. When they call DIRECTV they aren't ordering through or from you nor through the low-overhead DIRECTV website applet.

It's the online bonus offer on the retailers site. Most with good credit can qualify for the $5 off for 12 months as advertised on directvs site. Best buy, sams club & a few others can offer more but won't combine offers.

Ordering through me is NO different than going through Directv, it's their site orders go through.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts