DTV optional OTA antenna for HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

buckspaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I'm thinking of getting direct tv; my local HD channels are philly but theres plenty more HD and digital channels that dtv doesnt carry in philly, nyc and scranton-wilks-barre. since i can get all of these markets OTA. I want the optional OTA DTV anttena installed. JUST HOW good is this Antenna??? feedback appreciated... philly transmitters are 45 miles south, Empire State building 60 miles east and Wilkes-Barre & Scranton 58 miles north; i have light of sight to all except philly.

Last edited:
From my experience, The Directv supplied antenna sucks. I had it installed, but had crappy reception with it. My situation is a couple of stations are VHF and the antenna Directv supplied is UHF only. Long story short, Directv gave me a $50.00 credit for the antenna and a $75.00 credit so i could buy my own antenna. I bought a $30.00 Antenna Master from Lowes and get everything. I wanted to stay away from a outdoor antenna but the indoor antennas didn't really work for me, But in the end I'm a happy camper with the outdoor antenna. ( I'm less than 20 miles from antenna farm ):up

I agree. I just bought a channel master 4228 and mounted it 11 feet in the air. Am getting all 4 majors well from about 20 miles away and it works great with my HR10. Bough it online for $65 shipped

I bought the Winegard GS-1100 online for $33 shipped (DTV also gave me a $50 credit) ... they had Apex come out and install it ... worked with all the Chicago locals for 1 week and then stopped working. I have another appt to come out and fix it this Friday. I only live 6 miles to the Hancock building (CBS) and 7 miles to Sears Tower (NBC/ABC/WGN/FOX/Many Others) I should be able to pick them all up easily from my 3rd story roof.

Any body suggest any other antennas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)