DTV Receivers Stuttering: Is The Dish Out Of Alignment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chasfh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
This started happening a couple months ago, right around the time I signed up for the Whole Home service.

I find this occurring on both receivers, and especially on certain channels like Comedy Central and GolTV. Those are the two I've noticed most. i don't see it on local channels or HBO, so I am wondering whether the dish is out of alignment somehow.

Here are images showing my transponder readings. I can't make heads or tails out of this, but can someone knowledgeable about this see something, or let me know there's nothing out of the ordinary? Then I can pursur the next line of inquiry.

Here they are. Thanks in advance for your help!

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

chasfh said:
This started happening a couple months ago, right around the time I signed up for the Whole Home service.

I find this occurring on both receivers, and especially on certain channels like Comedy Central and GolTV. Those are the two I've noticed most. i don't see it on local channels or HBO, so I am wondering whether the dish is out of alignment somehow.

Here are images showing my transponder readings. I can't make heads or tails out of this, but can someone knowledgeable about this see something, or let me know there's nothing out of the ordinary? Then I can pursur the next line of inquiry.

Here they are. Thanks in advance for your help!

What's your location so we know which birds your shootin?

My first guess is lnb bad

My 2nd guess is splitter bad

I am in the city of Chicago, IL. Just curious: doesn't the azimuth/elevation/tilt information in the screenshots indicate that? I'm asking because I don't know.

chasfh said:
I am in the city of Chicago, IL. Just curious: doesn't the azimuth/elevation/tilt information in the screenshots indicate that? I'm asking because I don't know.

Ya but they could have installed a 5 lnb when only a 3 was needed.

I'm replying on my cell so I cant see which birds are necessary but that shouldn't matter. Don't know why I asked but back to my first post, Splitter or lnb is the problem is my guess.

Any other ideas from anyone?

What do you mean by stuttering? Is the video blinking on and off or do you mean audio stuttering? Your numbers could indicate that your dish is misaligned, but I'm guessing it's a bad lnb. You have 0 signal level in a couple of places where there should be something.

raoul5788 said:
What do you mean by stuttering? Is the video blinking on and off or do you mean audio stuttering? Your numbers could indicate that your dish is misaligned, but I'm guessing it's a bad lnb. You have 0 signal level in a couple of places where there should be something.

Many 100's in there. Not alignment issue.

raoul5788 said:
Just because there are 100's doesn't mean it isn't an alignment issue.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's not an alignment issue due to 28 of 32 TP's are 94 and above on 101. It's not normal to have high numbers like that and it be an alignment issue.

Yes, there are low numbers there too but the zeros explain those.

Lnb or splitter.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's not an alignment issue due to 28 of 32 TP's are 94 and above on 101. It's not normal to have high numbers like that and it be an alignment issue.

Yes, there are low numbers there too but the zeros explain those.

Lnb or splitter.

Agreed!

By "stuttering", I mean video temporarily freezing while audio drops out, lasting maybe 1/4 or 1/2 second, often several times within a 30 or 60 second timeframe.

Like SA Holly Springs GA said, get the lnb checked. That's likely the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)