DTV With Scan Override?

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Does anyone know of a DTV brand or model that will let you select a channel to search for rather than having to rescan?

With the insignia converter box you can manually set channels without scanning for them, then use the signal meter to try and tune it in. It even has an audio tone designating better/worse signal. Is this what you're talking about?

With the insignia converter box you can manually set channels without scanning for them, then use the signal meter to try and tune it in. It even has an audio tone designating better/worse signal. Is this what you're talking about?

The concept is what I am talking about, but I want an HDTV that will do it. A converter box in reality just leaves you with analog TV without snow.

Are you maybe talking about an HDTV tuner for a monitor as opposed to a digital to analog converter?

I have a Sanyo HDTV and the only way it will receive digital channels is if it finds them on a digital add-channel scan. Once the channel is found it remains in memory and can be selected by virtual channel number, but it will not accept a channel number that is not in memory. My question is if another brand of HDTV might behave differently. I was not aware of this when I made the purchase. If I could select ch 7 and see whatever marginal performance was there then I could play antenna games to see if I could get acceptable performance.

elder this seems to be the norm for TV tuners, and makes it hard to find a station. They should let you add a new station by just entering to DTV channel number. The 612/622 and 722 can do this, why not TV tuners

Does anyone know of a DTV brand or model that will let you select a channel to search for rather than having to rescan?
I have Westinghouse 32W6 and I can add channel by going to menu- find channel and enter the channel number related to frequency(not DTV channel number), it will scan and add the specific channels. I do not have to do a complete scan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)