Dual Analog Meter At-1022?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
i was wondering if they are a good sat finder (DUAL ANALOG METER AT-1022)or if i should get a Dual Digital Satellite Meter DSM-22LA?i want to buy a new meter,i have 1 of those sat finders10-sf20 that makes a squeling noise you have to adjust with a nobe.:(

i was wondering if they are a good sat finder (DUAL ANALOG METER AT-1022)or if i should get a Dual Digital Satellite Meter DSM-22LA?i want to buy a new meter,i have 1 of those sat finders10-sf20 that makes a squeling noise you have to adjust with a nobe.:(
i hate to bump this up but im trying to decide,i want to order today can anyone give me a answer should i go with this meter or get dual digital sattelite
meter dsm22la?

An analog meter is not very useful for digital installs. Your inexpensive meter will provide the same necessary signal information that this meter will provide with the exception of current and voltage and 22KHz tone generation. These meters help with aiming, but since they do not indicate BER (Signal Quality) it is impossible to fine tune for optimal signal integrity.

Both meters that you are looking at are a very well known OEM branded by many distributors. They are both good meters. Dual Digital Satellite Meter DSM-22LA would certainly be nicer to carry in a tool belt and up on a roof!

An analog meter is not very useful for digital installs. Your inexpensive meter will provide the same necessary signal information that this meter will provide with the exception of current and voltage and 22KHz tone generation. These meters help with aiming, but since they do not indicate BER (Signal Quality) it is impossible to fine tune for optimal signal integrity.

The meter that you are looking at is a very well known OEM branded by many distributors. It is a good meter.
so i should get the dual digital sattelite
meter dsm22la?:)

I personally wouldn't purchase either.

You already have a meter that will tell you the same signal strength information. Neither meter will identify the satellite, provide Signal Quality information. Without Signal Quality information a meter will not allow you to fine tune a linear LNBF for optimal BER and signal to noise ratios.

Why are you wanting to upgrade to another analog meter?

beacuse i cant understand that sat finders10-sf20 i had alone of an electronic 1 i liked it and found it easyer to use .well for finding bell express it was anywhey. i dont know much a bout meters i just wanted 1 a little better than what i got . just cant get use to the different squeling that thing makes in destinguishing signal from a non signal. maby im not tinkering enough with it.

these are just some points i was thinking so some might be more questions ...

i was wondering if they are a good sat finder (DUAL ANALOG METER AT-1022)or.

i know the analog change is for OTA but with most everything going Digital i would be reluctant to buy anything with Analog in the name.

if i should get a Dual Digital Satellite Meter DSM-22LA?i want to buy a new meter

only place i found any information on this unit it listed
"- RG-59 jumper w/ quick connectors"
and i know everything has basically went to RG-6 so is this a older unit or is it using older parts??

i have 1 of those sat finders10-sf20 that makes a squeling noise you have to adjust with a nobe.
this might be the best of the three and cheapest.....

but if i picked a signal meter one of the sponsors makes them and a couple other sponsors sell several different models.

I can say this i did try one of the higher end models and it was basically a unit programed with a unique transponder for each satellite so it really wasn't a satellite identifier but it was a signal finder. but it was no better than a DVB receiver and a TV hooked up at the dish ( it was just a compact version). i did find it difficult to use the higher end signal/satellite finder and had trouble with the unit so went back to the receiver & tv version.... cheaper & easy for me to use . but is a nice compact unit and with the preprogramed unique transponder it will try to identify the satellite. great for someone doing a lot of installs.

also others to consider
Accutrac22Pro Dual Satellite Signal Meter
SATELLITE INSTALLER'S SIGNAL METER MODEL Sat Buddy 2™
SATELLITE INSTALLER'S SIGNAL METER MODEL Dual Buddy™
Trimax Meters SM-2200 Digital Satellite Finder Meter (higher priced )

the dual would allow you to align two lnb's on one meter ( if i read it right)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)