Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
I was thinking about buying one of these dual c-band lnbf's
http://www.adventistsat.com/shop/item/LN-GEO+C2
and using a 2X4 multi switch to distribute.
However, my C-Band Legacy receiver (AKA Drake 1524) does not support LNBF. I want to feed an fta receiver and a DVB card in addition to the c-band receiver.
My dish is 140ft away. Attached is one configuration that I thought of, I am not sure if it will work with the splitters.
What do you all think?

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 244
actually you might need both sides to pass voltage and make sure ot match them up right (H on the analog matches 18v on the multiswitch)

Yes it will work. I have 5 recievers running off mine using 2 splitters and a 3x4 multiswitch

Iceburg

I found an old thread where you were setting yours up. Are you still using the dual feed with LNB's, or are you using LNBF's now?

both

for 99 (G4/G16) I use the dual LNBF (as noted above) and for 103 I have an old LNB that I have to manually skew the little "notch" inside the LNB to get it to skew (the polorotor box busted off recently)

Here is an older picture. I dont have the new one up with the "old" LNB to the right for 103 ;)

Attachments

• 000_0091.jpg
    000_0091.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 275
actually you might need both sides to pass voltage and make sure ot match them up right (H on the analog matches 18v on the multiswitch)

I see now how I could have a problem with the c-band receiver if no other device is tuned to the same polarity, nothing would power the LNBF.

Letting both pass voltage is a scary thought. They always made a big deal about using the blocked splitter when splitting a c-band feed to an FTA box.

What happens with the voltage in a multiswitch? Is the voltage from multiple units applying power to the LNBF?

Letting both pass voltage is a scary thought. They always made a big deal about using the blocked splitter when splitting a c-band feed to an FTA box.
correct. But in this case both units need to have power sent to the LNB. As long as the polarities are correct (ie: the cable from one output goes to the H side of the C-band box and to the 18v side of the multiswitch) you will be fine.

What happens with the voltage in a multiswitch? Is the voltage from multiple units applying power to the LNBF?

one reciever powers the multiswitch. When you select a H polarity, it sends 18volts to the multiswitch and up that line (18v on the multiswitch). If you select a V polarity, then it sends 13v to the switch

Iceberg,

What has me confused, is that my c-band receiver only sends out about 16.5V (no LNBF support). I assume that 16.5V will force the LNBF to H, so for the LNBF designated as H, splitting will work OK . Now I can't pass that 16.5V to the LNBF that is designated for V, or it will force it to H. But If I don't pass any voltage to it (using a splitter with c-band side voltage blocked) then the c-band receiver will not be able to tune V unless another device is tuned to V and powering the LNBF.

See, I am confused:confused:

interesting

I know when I hook the line diretcly to my HTS Tracker IV it is only H polarity too. I dont have separate H & V inputs. I thought you did on your box?

I have two separate inputs that can be configured with one as C and the other as KU, OR they can be configured as dual C. This is selectable from the setup menu. However, 16.5V is what comes out to power an LNB either way.

Hi Iceberg,

I just got my Fortec 6 foot prime focus dish setup with an actuator and G4 @99 degrees is the last sat I can see due to a fence restriction. Just wondering if you can provide some info regarding which transponders on AMC1 Cband you can lock and watch with your second LNBF. I am thinking of maybe trying this?

I can lock on all of them (digital) that are DVB (I dont have a 4DTV)

Pax (3840 H ) & TLN (4005 H) jump between 30-45 on the Pansat which is stable enough
The other religious channel (CTN) (3984 H) is higher (50 or so)
NY Legislature fluxuates greatly. MOst of the time I can lock on it but sometimes its nothing.

The only thing I can't get is DWTV (3740 V) and thats because I have an old LNB that manually has to be skewed. Even if I get it, the high FEC (7/8) makes it unstable

http://www.lyngsat.com/amc1.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)