Dual Hopper Intergration (From Team Summit)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In their labs they had everything displaying on one DVR listing, but it became too cluttered.
I would like to hear someone expand on this. Isn't the amount of clutter just proportional to how many recordings a person has on their DVR? 50 recordings are 50 recordings, regardless of whether they are spread across one Hopper or two. The only thing I can think is that Dish was developing a new DVR listing that showed everything in one display, but still had all recordings separated by Hopper within that display?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup that is exactly what it is... A start.

It does not mean they are done with integration at all.

First step is making it do people can view their programs from all hoppers anywhere in their house. I am shocked and amazed how much progress they have made on this box since it has come out on March 15th!

As long as they say that they'll still be working on integration after they give us partial integration, I'm happy.

Not to mention how stable it's been since release. After reading about the 922 release experience I was a bit weary of being a beta tester on this box. But that simply hasn't been the case.
Well if anyone still wants to be a beta test we still D*.:rolleyes::eek:

I agree. The Hoppers should be on separate drop down menus or have folders and sub-folders to deal with clutter. If on drop down menus, it would be nice it the switch between Hoppers was as quick as my one button switch to another HDMI input like I have now using an extra Joey, much quicker than selecting the other Hopper from a Joey menu - in other words, like selecting a connection that has remained "live" in the background.

Cubwin, do you have a Hopper? Take a look at the Primetime Anytime Listings and you will see how it can be overwhelming. :)
they have the sort by network list on PTAT which does help.

If they could sort by network and then have subfolders that sort by show, we'd be all set for the regular DVR list. I don't think that's possible currently.

the future is a new mega hopper with 8 tuners (2 OTA) and 3TB HDD (2TB for user, 500GB for PTAT & 500GB for VOD), that way they don't need to integrate 2 hoppers. maybe in a year?

trying to fulfill the same with 2 separate units is not cost wise due to the man hours that this will cost working in software than changing or adding a few chips in the hardware. of course, a new hardware, not the one that is already deployed. dish is taking notes about all the suggestions in this topic about what everyone is expecting for seamless integration that, as the last step, they will prefer the mega hopper to comply with them

--

Last edited:
not cost wise is trying to fulfill the same with 2 separate units, the man hours that this will cost working in software than changing or adding a few chips in the hardware, of course, a new hardware, not the one that is already deployed

Unless the tuner module was a plugin.

Say they had 3 slots for up to 6 sat tuners and 2 its. Two cards, sat (3 tuners) or ota (2 tuners )

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Scott ,

I guess a lot of us are disappointed and expressing our point of view. as another poster pointed out, at announcements and launch we kept hearing seamless integration of multiple hoppers. this is nowhere near it.

we can be disappointed that we didn't get delivered seamless integration in full. after all, we are the 2 percenters for which this actually matters.

so it's going to be baby steps to full integration rather than 1 giant leap for dish kind.

Arrrgh !

Last edited:
John, thanks for that. I am just trying to get the word out that it's not done yet.

A lot of folks are acting like this is the way it will be like this forever when thats not the case. I just want to set the record straight.

John, thanks for that. I am just trying to get the word out that it's not done yet.

A lot of folks are acting like this is the way it will be like this forever when thats not the case. I just want to set the record straight.

It is much better to have the simple solution out early than it would be if they delayed it a year working on the complete solution.

Always a lot of overreacting in here but that's why people enjoy coming here. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Scott, did Dish actually say that 2 hopper integration was going to be seamless when they originally announced it? I can't remember if dish said it or if we just assumed it would and now that's what everyone is expecting.

That seems so long ago but it was only around January.

Scott ,

I guess a lot of us are disappointed and expressing our point of view. as another poster pointed out, at announcements and launch we kept hearing seamless integration of multiple hoppers. this is nowhere near it.

we can be disappointed that we didn't get delivered seamless integration in full. after all, we are the 2 percenters for which this actually matters.

so it's going to be baby steps to full integration rather than 1 giant leap for dish kind.

Arrrgh !

I don't know about you... But I would rather successful baby steps than one giant disaster step.

Why not make both a three and six tuner hopper? Use a three tuner hopper in most setups. If a three tuner hopper is not enough then the six tuner hopper can be used. A six tuner hopper can be a upgrade to the three tuner hopper.

I know a six tuner hopper will cost more to manufacturer, but the quantity of six tuner hoppers manufactured will be a lot less then three tuner hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)