Dual Hopper with Sling Adapter(s) and Dish Anywhere - Need info

Endosmok

Jan 24, 2005
So my current setup has me on the original hopper and a slingbox, I also have two Joeys.

I have two questions, one technical and one programming.

First the programming.

I wanted have a 2nd Hopper, but not as an addition, only as a swap. So I would want to go to 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey to keep the monthly bill the same. I did the quick chat online with a Dish Rep and they stated I could only 'ADD' the additional Hopper, which would bring my setup to 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys, thus increasing my monthly bill. The question is if I am required to do what the Dish Rep stated or was she misinforming me?

Now to the technical question.

With my current setup I am only allowed to connect one device (phone, tablet, pc) at a time to Dish Anywhere. Ideally my main reason for getting the 2nd Hopper w/ a sling adapter would be so I could have TWO devices simultaneously access each Sling Adapter with each able to access their own live tuner. Now I tried to get the answer from the rep, and she said that it is possible, but then she also said you can only login from my place at a time. This sounds conflicting. I know you have to login to DishAnywhere with a Dishnetwork account, and I only have one account. The DishAnywhere apps require a login per device. So the question is, can you access two separate sling adapters with two separate devices at the same time?

Any info on either would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

lucky86

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
By the sea, in a land called Honalee
So my current setup has me on the original hopper and a slingbox, I also have two Joeys.

I have two questions, one technical and one programming.

First the programming.

I wanted haveices a 2nd Hopper, but not as an addition, only as a swap. So I would want to go to 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey to keep the monthly bill the same. I did the quick chat online with a Dish Rep and they stated I could only 'ADD' the additional Hopper, which would bring my setup to 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys, thus increasing my monthly bill. The question is if I am required to do what the Dish Rep stated or was she misinforming me?

Now to the technical question.

With my current setup I am only allowed to connect one device (phone, tablet, pc) at a time to Dish Anywhere. Ideally my main reason for getting the 2nd Hopper w/ a sling adapter would be so I could have TWO devices simultaneously access each Sling Adapter with each able to access their own live tuner. Now I tried to get the answer from the rep, and she said that it is possible, but then she also said you can only login from my place at a time. This sounds conflicting. I know you have to login to DishAnywhere with a Dishnetwork account, and I only have one account. The DishAnywhere apps require a login per device. So the question is, can you access two separate sling adapters with two separate devices at the same time?

Any info on either would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, you can access two sling adapters from two separate devices. That's how mine is configured.

Endosmok

Jan 24, 2005
Great, that is good news that techinically I am able to run two separate and simultaneous streams.

Anyone know if a 2 Hopper, 1 Joey configuation is orderable with Dish Network? Or do you need to have at least 1 Joey per Hopper?

Endosmok

Jan 24, 2005
Well I am currently a subscriber, so would I be able to just add the additional hopper, then a week or so later call them up and say I want to return one of the Joeys? I am under contract, but I don't think it's for the receiver.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Well I am currently a subscriber, so would I be able to just add the additional hopper, then a week or so later call them up and say I want to return one of the Joeys? I am under contract, but I don't think it's for the receiver.

You might be able to. May want to ask one of the DIRT members here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)