Dual layer DVD's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DirtyTurbin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Michigan
I am unsure where to post this but here we go. I have a Mpeg movie at 6gig and want to put it on a 4.7gb disk is there a compression progie or a way to do this without losing too much quality. Thanks all.

2GB sure is a lot of loss/compression. I noticed your title is dual layer; so why not use just 1 quality DL DVD (DVD9)? They are 7.9GB instead of that 4.38GB DVD5.

(1024 megabytes = 1 gigabyte, not the 1000 megabytes marketers use / "Japanese gigabytes")

DVD5 a one-sided single-layer disc that can contain up to 4.38 gigabytes.
DVD9 a single-sided dual-layer disc that can hold approximately 7.95 gigabytes.
DVD10 a two-sided DVD5-type disc that hold single data layer on both sides; it can contain up to 8.75 gigabytes of data, with 4.38 gigabytes on each side.
DVD18 a two-sided DVD9-type disc with two layers of data on both sides of the disc; it can contain up to 15.9 gigabytes of data on it, with 7.95 gigabytes on each side.

I agree, I would buy a DL DVD for it.

Most places online and office depot/max stores around me. I get 25 packs of Verbatim DVD+R DL for $28-$33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts