dual LNB and multiplexer, also OTA antennas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Camplate

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
Not looking for places to buy but won't turn down suggestions. Just want to know why there is such a price range for the two items; and local stores (b*st B*y, R*dio hut, C*rcuit Kity) have the highest prices. I need to buy them; I find a good price on one item, but they don't have the other or has a high price. Or I find both but S&H is outrageous. Not knocking down capitalism, just venting.

Is there any place that compares OTA antennas; indoor and outdoor. Don't need to get HD signals yet, just regular broadcast.

Do the antennas that hang on a dish work? My dish is off my porch on a three story house.

Thank you for the help.

I have installed several antennas that attach to the dish made by Terk, and they seem to work pretty well.

How many outputs are you needing on the multi-switch?

Ebay

I bought the following

Terk S26 triple LNB $35.50 shipped (brand new)
Winegard SS-2000 HDTV OTA antenna $99.95 (found company 's site on Ebay) great OTA HDTV antenna, local SD signals are crap

have you checked out http://www.antennaweb.org ?

Sorry for late reply. Yes, I've been to antennaweb. The problem was I thought I may be moving to an area with no OTA signals so have put off buying anything. I still may move, but starting to doubt it. When I know for sure that I am not moving, I will get a full sized directional up on the roof.

Was just was hoping for a consumer reports type comparison of simple antennas for right now. I don’t need HDTV either. I’ve seen the Terks, may go with one of those.

Oh, the multiswitch would just be 3x4. I only have two recievers...heck I don't know where the other receiver is at the moment. But I think I have it covered.

Again, thank you for the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)