Dual LNB One Line Gets Signal Other Does Not. Why?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smokinjoe

Original poster
May 18, 2009
Tennessee
This happened after a storm. I thought the one reciever was knocked out, but I hooked it up to the other line and it worked fine. Is the problem a short in the one line or can one part of an LNB be messed up by lightning and the other line unaffected? Where should I look first? I am kind of a newbie on this. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

:confused:

This happened after a storm. I thought the one reciever was knocked out, but I hooked it up to the other line and it worked fine. Is the problem a short in the one line or can one part of an LNB be messed up by lightning and the other line unaffected? Where should I look first? I am kind of a newbie on this. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

:confused:
You need to start at the receiver end of the bad line - work backwards and check every fitting in the line all the way back to the LNB. Check the cable for damage, kinks, etc.

Look for water or corrosion inside of the fittings - replace any that are suspect.

I like to start at the receiver end because if you luck out you don't need the ladder or the roof climb.

Good luck & welcome to the forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)