Disappointment with DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dembinskij

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Grove, OK (Tulsa, OK DMA)
I had planned on comming back to Directv but had the worst expierence of being promised one thing and then given another. Be aware of what they promise to you. I was promised to get 3 HD recievers and 1 SD Receiver free because it had been shuch a short time since I left directv. OI was also going to get free HD programming because I was on the phone for so long trying to get this done. But by the time it was all said and done They were "doing me a favor" to get 2 HD recievers and 2 SD Receivers free (they were going to eat 99 for the 2nd HD receiver) and I would have to go to a retail store to purchase the 3rd HD receiver and send a SD receiver back. Plus no mention of getting the free D programming. My install date got changed twice with all of the lies I was told. Finally, I decided to go with a local cable compay for my services. They don't have any HD service, but I can not justify going back to a company that lies to its customers. I would report them to the BBB or a local tv station if i thought it would do some good, but then they will kiss but and not mean a word of it!!!:mad: I hope Directv treats you better!

I had planned on comming back to Directv but had the worst expierence of being promised one thing and then given another. Be aware of what they promise to you. I was promised to get 3 HD recievers and 1 SD Receiver free because it had been shuch a short time since I left directv. OI was also going to get free HD programming because I was on the phone for so long trying to get this done. But by the time it was all said and done They were "doing me a favor" to get 2 HD recievers and 2 SD Receivers free (they were going to eat 99 for the 2nd HD receiver) and I would have to go to a retail store to purchase the 3rd HD receiver and send a SD receiver back. Plus no mention of getting the free D programming. My install date got changed twice with all of the lies I was told. Finally, I decided to go with a local cable compay for my services. They don't have any HD service, but I can not justify going back to a company that lies to its customers. I would report them to the BBB or a local tv station if i thought it would do some good, but then they will kiss but and not mean a word of it!!!:mad: I hope Directv treats you better!
I have a hard time believing this. Sorry, but I have yet to hear of DirecTV giving away 4 receivers for free and giving someone free HD programing at the same time.

If what you say is accurate, they will have a record of the conversation in the notes. Call back and it should be taken care of.

Yeah, I just don't see DirecTV promising to give somebody 3 advanced receivers for free plus free HD programming just because they're coming back after a short time. After all, we are talking about roughly $1000 in receivers plus programming...even with a two year contract, DirecTV will not be able to recoup all of those costs.

Well I assure you it is true. They do have it in their notes about the equipment and the prgramming. They just don't want to do it now. And as far as Dish Network I see how they operate and there is no way I will go with them. Saying HD stations will be available on a certain date and months later maybe it's there. I may try Directv again in the future, but I think other future customers should be aware of this situation so they can make an educated decision. As far as the money Directv would be out. I paid them a $400 dollar buy out (plus $215 for buying the 2nd and 3rd reciever the first time) so thats $615 out of my pocket so I don't see why $385 would be so hard for them to come up with.

. And as far as Dish Network I see how they operate and there is no way I will go with them. Saying HD stations will be available on a certain date and months later maybe it's there.
This might be true, But Directv and Dishnetwork Have the Most Nation wide HD programming. If you live in Fios land Sure they have the programming, with poor DVRs, Cable has Poor HD and DVR's. Really a No brainer, D* or E* is the only way to go IMHO.:D

Well I assure you it is true. They do have it in their notes about the equipment and the prgramming. They just don't want to do it now. And as far as Dish Network I see how they operate and there is no way I will go with them. Saying HD stations will be available on a certain date and months later maybe it's there. I may try Directv again in the future, but I think other future customers should be aware of this situation so they can make an educated decision. As far as the money Directv would be out. I paid them a $400 dollar buy out (plus $215 for buying the 2nd and 3rd reciever the first time) so thats $615 out of my pocket so I don't see why $385 would be so hard for them to come up with.

If what you say is true then what I see as the problem is what I highlighted in bold above. Looks like you broke your contract once. So if you recinded your contract before, their probably thinking we will give him this sweetheart deal and what if he left again?

They are in the business to make money, not give away the cow so you can have the milk for free.

I've been with DirecTV for over a year, and can say I have received everything they have promised me and then some.

If what you say is true then what I see as the problem is what I highlighted in bold above. Looks like you broke your contract once. So if you recinded your contract before, their probably thinking we will give him this sweetheart deal and what if he left again?

They are in the business to make money, not give away the cow so you can have the milk for free.

I've been with DirecTV for over a year, and can say I have received everything they have promised me and then some.

I can honestly say that I never seen that kind of retention or direct sales deal in DTV's database of offers. I happen to now work for them and have yet seen anyone get everything that the guy said they were going to get.

I can honestly say that I never seen that kind of retention or direct sales deal in DTV's database of offers. I happen to now work for them and have yet seen anyone get everything that the guy said they were going to get.
Which is why I have a difficult time believing his story. I am not saying that he lied; it just may be a case of him misunderstanding what the original CSR/manager promised him. It could be an issue of communication breakdown.

(For some reason I suddenly have an interest in listening to some Zeppelin???) :p

Why did you buyout in the first place? It would seem to me D* has to have a winback dept because E* and TWC certainly do and them make some great offers to get you back.

One Suggestion: Never talk to Customer Service when calling Directv. Talk to Technical Support when calling Directv. Technical Support can almost always do the same thing as a CSR, but has a lot better knowledge and has been there for longer. All Technical Support people start out as a CSR and then move up to Technical if they so choose.

Ok not that I owe any of you proof but here it is. My complaint was finally answered by Directv thru the Better Business Bureau. I am glad I kept the records of where I sent the recievers back to Directv , because now they are saying they didn't get them back. The reason I canceled in the 1st place is bacause I moved to an area that did not have local channels, but I didn't know that move was just temporary.

Here is what I got from the BBB from Directv

Company's Initial Response - Posted 05/13/2009 ......."On March 31, we received an e-mail from you requesting to reactivate service at the same location as before. Our records confirm you were offered 3 HD receivers, 1 standard receiver, and 12 months free HD Access. Regrettably, we are unable to honor the 3 free new HD receivers; however, we do not show the previous equipment has been returned. Therefore, if you are interested in reactivating, we may schedule an installation of the existing equipment. Please contact our customer service (1-800-531-5000) if you wish to take advantage of this. Please be advised, the programming offers may differ from what was previously offered as our offers are subject to change. Again, we apologize for any unpleasant experience you may have encountered as a result of any misunderstanding of your equipment and installation needs that may have occurred. We consider your feedback extremely valuable. Hopefully in the future you will have the opportunity to see that DIRECTV does value our customers, and we strive to provide them with quality customer service and accurate information. Sincerely, DIRECTV Office of the President."

Last edited:
Ok not that I owe any of you proof but here it is. My complaint was finally answered by Directv thru the Better Business Bureau. I am glad I kept the records of where I sent the recievers back to Directv , because now they are saying they didn't get them back. The reason I canceled in the 1st place is bacause I moved to an area that did not have local channels, but I didn't know that move was just temporary.

Here is what I got from the BBB from Directv

Company's Initial Response - Posted 05/13/2009 ......."On March 31, we received an e-mail from you requesting to reactivate service at the same location as before. Our records confirm you were offered 3 HD receivers, 1 standard receiver, and 12 months free HD Access. Regrettably, we are unable to honor the 3 free new HD receivers; however, we do not show the previous equipment has been returned. Therefore, if you are interested in reactivating, we may schedule an installation of the existing equipment. Please contact our customer service (1-800-531-5000) if you wish to take advantage of this. Please be advised, the programming offers may differ from what was previously offered as our offers are subject to change. Again, we apologize for any unpleasant experience you may have encountered as a result of any misunderstanding of your equipment and installation needs that may have occurred. We consider your feedback extremely valuable. Hopefully in the future you will have the opportunity to see that DIRECTV does value our customers, and we strive to provide them with quality customer service and accurate information. Sincerely, DIRECTV Office of the President."

TO EVERYBODY WHO SENDS EQUIPMENT BACK TO DTV A LITTLE ADVICE!!!

Keep your paperwork ALONG with the tracking number as well. Track the package and get the name of the person who signs for it (if it returned via fedex). so when they say they didnt received the equipment you can give them the details.

I know most of the receivers that are return are to Memphis Tn and prob the info hasnt been entered once received, or they mistyped the (RMA) info.

SO KEEP EVERYTHING!!!!!!

TO EVERYBODY WHO SENDS EQUIPMENT BACK TO DTV A LITTLE ADVICE!!!

Keep your paperwork ALONG with the tracking number as well. Track the package and get the name of the person who signs for it (if it returned via fedex). so when they say they didnt received the equipment you can give them the details.

I know most of the receivers that are return are to Memphis Tn and prob the info hasnt been entered once received, or they mistyped the (RMA) info.

SO KEEP EVERYTHING!!!!!!

That's good advice for ANYTHING being returned to any vendor, not just DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)