HD PPV Time Limit ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outerub

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Michigan.
Why is it that older PPV's like Kung Fu Panda and The Dark Knight are still viewable on my HR22 DVR yet Bolt lasted only a day ?

Thanks.

UB. :)

Why is it that older PPV's like Kung Fu Panda and The Dark Knight are still viewable on my HR22 DVR yet Bolt lasted only a day ?

Thanks.

UB. :)

How old is the Dark Knight ?
Awhile back D* went to the 24 hour rule on PPV's.

That was a mandate that they had to do, due to the Motion Picture contract or something in that area.
Chances are the ones that you have still there are ones recorded before that date went into effect.

Just my thoughts, I don't do PPV's much so I didn't pay close attention, knew it was being talked about, but was not sure of when, but that would be my guess.

That makes sense .... The Dark Knight and Panda are a few months old. Bolt is brand new.

Drag ....

Makes me wonder though about burning to DVD .... what's the difference between that and keeping it on my hard drive ?

What about when you order the adult PPV or the Adult showcase thing were you get 3 hours of a few channels? Does the 24 hour rule apply and what if watch once will it be gone in 24 hours like other movies? Also if you order online and dvr a movie to say 3 hd dvrs do you get charged 3 times or just once?

What about when you order the adult PPV or the Adult showcase thing were you get 3 hours of a few channels? Does the 24 hour rule apply and what if watch once will it be gone in 24 hours like other movies? Also if you order online and dvr a movie to say 3 hd dvrs do you get charged 3 times or just once?

I don't believe the Adult stuff is subject to this, but I don't know for sure either, I don't use them, so I can't say for sure.

As for the 3 DVR's, your only charged once for the program.

I got an answer from DTV .... just regular PPV's are affected. No adult or special events. It's as Jimbo says above .... movie industry shiznat.

What if I order a PPV "All Day Ticket" on the web site, where it says that you can watch anytime between 6:00 AM - 5:59 AM the next day, and then I decide to record one of the showings? When does that recording on the DVR expire, at 5:59 that next morning, or 24 hours after recording it?

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)