Dual LNB Plea for Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

muttchaser

Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
We've spent the last 3 days trying to figure this out and the only thing coming out is my hair.

We have a 10ft mesh BUD and a Motorola DSR922 reciever with a c band LNB. We were getting c-band just fine. But shortly after resubscribing to all my favorite channels they done went off to ku band so...we bought a BSC621 dual c/ku LNBF. We cannot figure out how to hook it up to the reciever since there is only one cable leading to the reciever.

Do we put it on the c band connector or the ku connector? Do we need another splitter? Can we not use the wire on the LNBF that allows for only one cable into the reciever?

We also have an aluminum BUD that we are not using. Is there someway I can use it to get both c and ku with the equipment I have. Although it is the ancient crank type (not motorized) and really don't want to. If I have to buy something else I will but would prefer to use what I have.

The RCV goes to C-band and the one by it's self on the back goes to the Ku-band, if your ribbon cable has two coax's then your ok if not you will need to run another line.

To get it to work best keep the 4dtv on rotate 90 deg, and make sure to select in the 4dtv menu to work with c/ku lnbf's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)