Dual LNBF ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubba108

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
la
Moving from the woods to the big city, pop. 250, and figured my 8 dishes might not be a good idea so I ordered the motorized dish from Sadoun with the dual output LNBF for two boxes. My question is, on the slave box do I turn the LNB power off and let the main box control the dish or what?
The dish setup I ordered was the MKit-1 FTA-Choice Set but upgraded the LNBF to the DUAL standard KUL2. My main box is a Fortec Classic and the slave box is a Traxis 3500.

One receiver will control the motor. But you dont have to turn either box off. As long as you run a cable from the LNB to the receiver, then both receivers can see both polarities

LNB output 1------motor------------------receiver 1
LNB output 2-------------------------------receiver 2

Thanks for the reply.
So the slave box would receive whatever the main box had the dish pointed at. Would having both boxes sending power to the LNB overpower it???
I am going to run two cables from the two outputs on the LNB to the boxes. So if I'm understanding the situation , I could have both boxes sending power to the dish and have both boxes on at the same time?
One more question, now when I switch satellites it is instant, would there now be a lag time for the dish to realign when changing Sats?

Sure going to miss those 8 dishes I'm using now... :)

Thanks for the reply.
So the slave box would receive whatever the main box had the dish pointed at. Would having both boxes sending power to the LNB overpower it???
I am going to run two cables from the two outputs on the LNB to the boxes. So if I'm understanding the situation , I could have both boxes sending power to the dish and have both boxes on at the same time?
One more question, now when I switch satellites it is instant, would there now be a lag time for the dish to realign when changing Sats?

Sure going to miss those 8 dishes I'm using now... :)

With a dual LNB, you have power on both coax lines anyway so that will not matter, even with Dish and Direct, all boxes hooked up to the dish send power down the coax so that is not a problem.

Yes, you will have a lag when changing channels if the channel you change to is on a different satellite. If you change channels on the same sat, there really is no delay to speak of.

Thanks, didn't want to burn out anything. Once the magic smoke gets loose , then things quit working. :)
Guess I'll have to live with the lag time. Really don't think my new neighbors would like me having 8 Primestars pointed in all different directions and my 10ft C-band.
Really love this stuff, wouldn't have DTV or Dish even if it was free, this is more fun.....
One thing is, White Springs TV is really a disappointment. :(

Well, with all those spare Primestars, maybe you can induce some of the big-city folks to join in with the fun. - :D

As to motorizing one for yourself, we have threads discussing such modifications.
Take a look through the archives, for good ideas.
Sort your channel list by satellite instead of numerically or alphabetically so the motor moves less often.

I didn't think much of WSTV either, but ya gotta admit:
FTA has something for everybody. - :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Long long time ago my Dad got a real big off-air antenna. After two days of us trying to put it together we looked in the bottom of the box . There was a booklet that said on it, " After all else fails, read this". It was the directions.

Yeah, I might need a little help with this. :)

A single T-90 Toroidal dish would replace multiple fixed dishes, and give you instant access to all sats you install LNBFs for. Only problem is the T-90 can only pick up satellites within a 40 degree arc, and they must be spaced more than 3 degrees apart (unless you want to get creative with do-it-yourself modifications to LNBFs and holders)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)