Question on Visionsat Iv200pvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarrenS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
I have a channel master OTA antenna if i hook this into input on IV200 can i use PVR function on OTA channels? will the IV200 search for those channels? i tried this and it did not work. From what the manual says the OTA input on the IV200 is just a pass through to TV?

Nope, unfortunately the Visionsat doesn't have a NTSC nor ATSC tuner. It's just a passthrough.

If I'm not mistaken, pretty much only the HD boxes have ATSC tuners.

Thanks thats what i thought but was hoping i was wrong, why is it even there why would you want to passthrough IV200 when you have to go to TV anyway. my 625 receiver has one to.

Thanks thats what i thought but was hoping i was wrong, why is it even there why would you want to passthrough IV200 when you have to go to TV anyway. my 625 receiver has one to.

You would want the passthru to avoid having to use an A/B switch to select between ANT/CABLE or the satellite feed.

VCR's made for home use have had passthru for many years. Most DVD Recorders also have passthru for the same reason.

Passthru may become less common as people migrate to using baseband or component outputs, but, I have a feeling that we may never see passthru disappear completely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts