Dual receivers and recordings

CaseLogic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I have a dual receiver DVR, and TV2 is in my room. Recordings default to TV2, which is typically fine. Let's say we only have 1 thing recording, and that is set for TV2. Even though we're only using 1 of the 2 available tuners, does this basically shut down my TV to anything but the recording? Is there anyway to be able to somehow surf TV with the second tuner, or do I need to set all the recordings to TV1?

If the recordings are set to TV1, and only 1 thing is recording, can TV1 still channel surf or do you have to enable single-user mode to do that? How do you toggle between dual and single mode?

I have two tv's set up to one dual tuner receiver, most times only one of the tv's is in use so I leave the receiver ins single user mode with the recording set to tuner 2. This is the only way to channel surf as you can switch tuners to channel surf. The only way to "toggle" between single user and dual user mode is the mode button located on the front of the receiver.

Whan you record on TV1 it will be showing on TV1. Same goes for TV2. If you are recording off the satellite on TV1 and TV2 you can watch OTA on TV1 or watch any pre-recorded program on TV1 or TV2.

Toggle by pressing the front panel button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)