Dual tuner 2nd receiver charge

j2kirby7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
I read that with a dual tuner setup (942 & maybe 622) that there is no 2nd receiver monthly charge if the 2nd receiver is hooked up to the same phone line as the dual tuner. Question is, does the 2nd receiver have to be physically connected to the dual or just to the same phone line.
Thanks.

j2kirby7 said:
I read that with a dual tuner setup (942 & maybe 622) that there is no 2nd receiver monthly charge if the 2nd receiver is hooked up to the same phone line as the dual tuner. Question is, does the 2nd receiver have to be physically connected to the dual or just to the same phone line.
Thanks.

That is not accurate. The additional receiver fee for the second tuner in the dual-tuner receiver is waived if the DUAL-TUNER RECEIVER is connected to your home phone line. Additional receiver fees for SINGLE-TUNER RECEIVERS are not waived regardless of whether you connect it to a phone line or not.

I'm searching for the "more official" source that I read. But there was some discussion in the thread "Dish 942 HD Box without Phone Hookup??" Part of that follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOI
Well, the 942 is a dual tuner receiver, meaning it can show different video on two TVs or utilize Picture in Picture on a single tv. As per Dish's rule, every additional receiver you have costs $5 a month. Dual tuner receivers are also subject to this fee UNLESS you have a phone line connected. So it's fine to not connect one to your 942, but you will be charged the standard $5 a month extra receiver fee.
All true, but too generalized, and PIP is not the key feature. The fee applies to the dual-tuner multi-room receivers. The 721 and 921 do not have the fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)