Dual tuner connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goodtogo73

Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Hi, does anyone know if its possible to connect two tvs on a dvr r10? Using a tv on each tuner, allowing one person to watch a different channel than the other. If so how would i connect them to achieve this, thanks

You can do it by using a multiswitch that you can get at Radio shack, Best Buy, Circut city or any electronics outlet or on line. Your 2 sat lines go into the multiswitch and out to the 2 tivos or any other sat box. Tell the salesperson what you want to do and they can show you what to do. I have an r10 in the living room and a HDVR2 in the den. Works fine.--RayMo

The dvr r10 has only one output so only one video output. You can connect more than one TV to that output but all TV's will see the same program. You can not view different programs. raymo721 didn't read you question correctly.

I understand what you are saying but the multiswitch will solve the problem. The output of the unit goes to the tv right? The multiswitch takes the sat input and sends the sat sig to more than one sat receiver whos output goes to the tv. I mistated that I have a r10. Its a hr10. A multiswitch allows you to take one sat input to go to more than one receiver no matter what reveiver you have. Now I'm only human and not up to speed on the r10 but I think I'm right.--RayMo

Raymo, your wrong what you are daying is using the multi swith to run tow tuners, or two recievers, The DVR10 is one and I repeat one, dula tuner reciever that allows you to watch one and I'll repeat again.. one chanell, while you record another, and I'l repeat, record another channel onto the hard drive. You cannot and I'll repeat cannot watch two seperate programs on two seperate T.V's woth a DVR- R10. Now if you had Dish networks DVR 522 reciever you could. Plus you would'nt have to pay the additional outlet fee to watch two seperate channels and I'll repeat...... Goodtogo73 you want to get a Dish 522 reciever and a dish network system?? p.m. me.

sorry man for some reason I thought he had 2 receivers. You are right, I did'nt read the question right. I stand humbly corrected. Long day and to many wine coolers!!--RayMo, ps dammit man go get another receiver!!

Raymo..... that's cool. Look at my spelling and typing. Too many Coors Lights for me on the golf course.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts