Dual Tuner Question

metropolisdishdude

Original poster
Feb 7, 2005
I had a situation where I was installing a system in a duplex and had to use all existing cable I had one outlet in each room and needed to install a 522 reciever and could not drill any new holes due to landlord restrictions Is there any way to do this on one line we just started getting the new dish pro plus Twins and seperators any help and or diagrams would be great

is there some kind of diplexor that would work for this? That you could run two sat signals through one line and then break them back out after the outlet?

We have had trouble when introducing diplexors with these receivers. That doesn't mean that they won't work, but our experience has been negative.If you don't have the DPP stuff your out of luck. You have to have a second line in order for the unit to work ind. with both tv's. Your going to have to call Dish and change the work order to two 510's if you can't route cable. That means an additional outlet fee. You may want to go over this with the customer. They may just opt to either cancel or have a single 510. I hate those dual tuner boxs. The customer saves, Dish saves and the installer gets boned.

LM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts