Another version of Dual Channel OTA Tuner from DISH Store?

Almighty1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
San Francisco, California USA
Is this a newer version of the OTA Dual Tuner as this is what I see on the DISH Store on my.dish.com:
1681987609836.png

as I thought this was the only one that had the DISH logo on it, is this one any better?

1681987875861.png

If you zoom in, you can see vents, which look like this one from Walmart. Definately not a new one, and with overheating complaints in reviews.
The Walmart reviews in some of them also mention it's the one without the vents that overheats and to get the one with the vents while the other ones didn't specify if the overheating one has the vents or not.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is this a newer version of the OTA Dual Tuner as this is what I see on the DISH Store on my.dish.com:
View attachment 161730
as I thought this was the only one that had the DISH logo on it, is this one any better?

View attachment 161731
I have a very old version similar to the bottom picture. The tuner picks up stations no other device can. I love it! I have two currently and should get one more. I will look on eBay for one like I have now.

The top picture is a horrible design with no USB cable it covers the second USB on the back of a Hopper or hangs out the front with all that tension on the USB.

Attachments

• 20230421_003312.jpg
    20230421_003312.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 20230421_003326.jpg
    20230421_003326.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 123
I have a very old version similar to the bottom picture. The tuner picks up stations no other device can. I love it! I have two currently and should get one more. I will look on eBay for one like I have now.

The top picture is a horrible design with no USB cable it covers the second USB on the back of a Hopper or hangs out the front with all that tension on the USB.
I have the same one you have which is from my original install of DISH and the Hopper in November 2012 but that's a single tuner model. I have the one on the bottom of my original post as well which is the Dual Tuner model. And I agree with what you said from the photo but one of the photos shows it comes with a USB Extension female to male cable

I have the same one you have which is from my original install of DISH and the Hopper in November 2012 but that's a single tuner model. I have the one on the bottom of my original post as well which is the Dual Tuner model. And I agree with what you said from the photo but one of the photos shows it comes with a USB Extension female to male cable
I did not know they had a dual OTA tuner. That might be nice to have.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
I did not know they had a dual OTA tuner. That might be nice to have.
That was why I was asking since it seems like there are lots of complaints about the Dual OTA tuner model and as there are multiple models, perhaps one of the models is actually the better model such as being able to pick up more channels and being more reliable.

I have the (bottom picture) Dual OTA Adapter from Dish, it is not picking up any channels!! If I disconnect it and just use TV tuner I get over 50 channels! Why will it not get even 1 channel?
Have tried to remove the adapter, pull the Hopper power cord reboot, & then re-install the adapter?