Ducks vs. Flames, what happened to the OLN feed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CWS_kahuna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
California
I was getting ready to watch game 7 of this series and now OLN suddenly says channel not available call for ordering. What is up with this, I can't find the game on any of my local stations either so I am not sure what's going on with this, except this stinks.

I'm getting game now at 10:20. But where the heck is any Hockey in HD????? There is plenty of friggin basketball in HD, but no Hockey. Isn't the OLN feed in HD?

I watched the SD feed at a local sports bar tonight, they were on DirecTV so I can only assume it was on at the house too.

It was really strange, OLN was working fine before the game then it just went to for ordering info please call ext 721. I'm at work now but I will have to check the channel when I get home to see if it's back on.

Would you happen to be near Anaheim? If so, maybe the game was televised locally? Just a guess...

That's what happens to my games on Center Ice when locally televised.

mechman

If the message on the screen says 721 then the game is available somewhere else on D*. I'd check your regional sports channel. If it's 727, however, you're just out of luck. It won't be on D* at all.

Yeah I am very close to Anaheim and the channel is working again. Strange it was blacked out, I could not find the game on ESPN, Fox Sports, HDnet or any local channels, not really sure where else to look besides OLN for Hockey games. Just glad the Ducks won.

I got that same message, here in Florida, then all of a sudden it popped on. Must of been a mistake that someone caught. At least it did come on in time for the game.

Sure would be nice to see some of the games in HD, but right now they are hot to trot on the locals in HD, which are meaningless to may, who already get them OTA. You would think they would make the Nationals available first. D* is loosing ground to E* in the HD battle. Hope they get their HD Butts moving soon.

Wasn't that game a bonus retransmission by OLN thanks to CBC? If so, would they have been allowed to broadcast the HD? I think the all too numerous amount of rights holders are the A#1 issue for sports broadcasts issues, blackouts, etc. Everything needs to be opened up 100% for providers to allow ANY customer to pay to get. Regardless of market & who holds the rights.

charper1 said:
Wasn't that game a bonus retransmission by OLN thanks to CBC? If so, would they have been allowed to broadcast the HD?

That would probably be a touchy issue as it would have to be between OLN, the NHL and CBC. I see that the game was advertised as being in HD, in Canada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)