Duel Tuner Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ooh, ooh! Can I play? No dueling tuners but we gotta coupla swerdfishes that kick butt! :D

Seriously, DTV's dual tuner receivers are the DirecTivos: 2 tuners but 1 output. As to my knowledge, D* does not have an equivalent to DishNetwork's 322 or 522 boxes (2 tuners AND 2 outputs), if that is what you are looking for.

<edit> Sorry, I should have clarified, the 322 & 522 have one output from each separate tuner so 2 TVs can each watch something different. I make this distinction because (like Dish boxes) my Tivos have multiple outputs (coax, component, S-video, etc.) but they each show the same thing. I guess a clearer distinction is the Dish 322 & 522 have 2 separate decoders whereas the Tivos have 1.

beejaycee said:
Seriously, DTV's dual tuner receivers are the DirecTivos: 2 tuners but 1 output. As to my knowledge, D* does not have an equivalent to DishNetwork's 322 or 522 boxes (2 tuners AND 2 outputs), if that is what you are looking for.

You are correct, however, there was a Phillips DirecTV receiver like the 322 that was to be displayed at CES. With the upcoming branding of DirecTV receivers, who knows when/if it will ever reach the market.

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
You are correct, however, there was a Phillips DirecTV receiver like the 322 that was to be displayed at CES. With the upcoming branding of DirecTV receivers, who knows when/if it will ever reach the market.

~Alan

Is this it :eureka
http://www.1-877camcorder.com/dsr660.html

yomama said:
Is this it :eureka
http://www.1-877camcorder.com/dsr660.html

I didn't read it was a DVR, but I got a picture of the receiver I was talking about, and they look identical except it says "Multi Output Digital Satellite Receiver" and "DirecTV Multi-Room Receiver" on the other. One of two things come to mind. One is that they changed the box, or two, maybe they have two versions, one like the 322 and one like the 522.

~Alan

Two Tuners

If your two tuner question was directed towards PIP capability, you may be able to find an UltimateTV unit which had two tuners and performed PIP in the STB and sent it through a single output to the TV. They stopped making the units, but you may be able to find one on eBay. Check out the UltimateTV board on AVSForum to learn more about them and some of the issues users have had.

Late summer 2002, after MicroSoft announced they had stopped making the units, Best Buy was clearing them out. I bought one for $25 and one for $40. I'm down to one tuner on one of the units, but otherwise have had very few problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)