Dumb lyngsat question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wantogetstarted

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Mars, PA (Near Pittsburgh)
Just want to make sure I am reading the charts right.

Could someone verify that ESNE TV on SatMex 5 on tp17 12024 H is fta? I notice that some channels don't have the red F but everything else looks to like it should be FTA. Am I right or am I reading the chart wrong.

If there is only one channel in a mux, there isn’t a F usually. Only if there is more than one chanel in a mux

But if you look at 148 it shows that HBO is in the clear. Is that true??? I also notice it hasn't been updated in about a year but you would think if it isn't in the clear anymore they would change it or something.

that stuff is MPEG4 and 8PSK so you have to have an oddball setup to pick it up (if its still available)

Well in the specs it states under the USB Satellite Receiver Key Features "IP MPEG4 Reception and recording". What does that mean?? It can only play mpeg4 from over the internet???

I think it probably can. I think (again) the PC based receivers send the signal straight and raw and it's up to the codecs in the computer to do the rest. I don't have any PC based receiver and I think too much. But, this is what "I Think".....

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.