Dumb newbie question #26

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

denhigh

Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
OLN is advertising that they will be carrying much of their NHL coverage in HD. Similarly, one of my local sports stations (Altitude - Denver) will purportedly have HD coverage for about half of the Avalanche and Nuggets games they are televising. Am I right in assuming that this doesn't mean anything to those of us with D*, at least until the additional satellites allow them to carry HD versions of these stations?

Center Ice will offer select games in HD. Announcments have indicated Direc & Dish will show some. I assume up to 2 channels since BEV has 2 Center Ice HD channels.

Assume being the operative word.

You are correct. Right now D* has not made any announcement of any intent to carry OLN HD and does not carry OLN HD. Correctly stated here, 'assume' and 'maybe someday' are the operative concepts for everything else. We still have D* commercial at one of our businesses and would love to have Stars games in HD, though.

Although there are some mean attackers on any Forum, it's my observation that almost everyone here is very helpful, especially to new guys, and there really are not any "dumb' questions.

here's an email i got from altitude about this a few months ago
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: Charlotte Bockstahler [mailto:CBockstahler@altitude.tv]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 1:32 PM
To: Bryan Mack
Subject: FW: hd programming

Brian, thanks for your interest in Altitude. The answer to your question is, I don't know yet. Last season altitude made 42 Nuggets games available in HD and DirecTV did not distribute them. This season Altitude will have 38 Nuggets and 40 Avalanche games in HD (out of about 70 total games per team to be shown on Altitude this season), and we've offered these games to all of our affiliates including DirecTV. They still have more time to decide, so if you'd like to email me back closer to the season, hopefully I'll have some good news for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
Charlotte Bockstahler
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

there was a topic about this a few months back:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=80975&highlight=altitude

I bet they don't carry OLN HD till after Hockey season is over, They don't want to shoot themselves in the foot. Maybe next summer they will carry it and adjust the center ice ticket price.

Happy Camper said:
Although there are some mean attackers on any Forum, it's my observation that almost everyone here is very helpful, especially to new guys, and there really are not any "dumb' questions.

I guess by "dumb" I meant "readily apparent to anyone who has been around the HD block a couple times". I just went HD about a month ago and have found this forum to be extremely helpful just from reading others' threads. It seems the more I know the more there is to know, and the longer it takes to try to explain to my wife. :)

Anyway thanks for your help.

fleetmack said:
here's an email i got from altitude about this a few months ago...

So I wonder if Altitude HD is available on Comcast...$ aside I would hate to have to run even more cables into my house but I can't get rid of DirecTV (Sunday Ticket comes right after air, food, and water for me) and it would be cool to get all those Avs and Nuggets games in HD.

NHLHD is on DirecTV channel 95 tonight with Carolina Hurricanes at Tampa Bay Lightning!!!

CENTER ICE IS CARRYING HD HOCKEY OV DIRECTV!!!!!! YES YES YES

denhigh said:
OLN is advertising that they will be carrying much of their NHL coverage in HD.

Who cares about OLN? They're only carrying 50-some games, and only 26 in HD. HDNET is carrying 17 games in Oct/Nov alone, and more Dec-April. Heck, at that rate, HDnet is actually going to carry more HD games than OLN is going to broadcast in SD altogether.
I'm going to miss ESPN and ESPN2. Seems like there was a game or three every night. OLN is only carrying 2-3 games a week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)