Dumb question -- how many broadcasts have DolbyDigital?

sputnikv8

Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
I have a 522 and I'm using a toslink connection to my reciever. I only have the top60 + locals but have never had a dolby digital audio signal yet. Do only the premium movie channels provide this?

Noob in Indiana

I have only noticed "Dolby Digital" on HD channels. Right now HDNMV and HDNET both show Dolby Digital signal.

Bill

sputnikv8 said:
I have a 522 and I'm using a toslink connection to my reciever. I only have the top60 + locals but have never had a dolby digital audio signal yet. Do only the premium movie channels provide this?

from the FAQ on Dish's website...

DISH Network currently provides Dolby Digital audio on some of our pay-per-view channels and select movies on HBO, Starz and Showtime. The program has to be sent to us in Dolby Digital format for us to provide it in Dolby Digital. These channels may also show movies in their original letterbox format (LBX). To see if a program is in Dolby Digital, look for the "DD" sysmbol in your Electronic Program Guide (EPG).

From Dish's troubleshooting guide...
The channels that are being offered in the Dolby Digital format are 300, 303, 318, 319, 350, 351, 9428, 9430, 9440 and the PPV channels noted with a "DD" next to its title.

Quick (somewhat related) question...

9428, the HD Events channel is available to all HD package subscribers, correct? What all do they show on there? Just HD sports?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts