Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I think this may be a dumb question, but gonna ask anyway.
Does D* NON HD DVR have the option to add an HD OTA antenna?

Just curious.
Thanks

No. The only Directv devices that have digital OTA tuners are H10, H20, HR10-250 and HR20 (just to name the newer ones). Even though local channels are not necessarily HD, they are digital and only digital tuners can pick them up.

I forgot there are older HD Directv receivers too that do digital OTA. But no receivers that are SD do digital locals.

Yea I Was just looking for a cheaper way to add a DVR to the bedroom without actually spending 299.00 (WHICH I WONT DO) and still have the DVR capability..

Call Directv and ask for retention group. Let them know you were thinking about going with Dish Network for their HD DVR which is free or FIOS or cable in your area. See if they offer you a deal on the HR20 HD DVR which has OTA. Folks have received free to $200. If you cant swing the first offer, try to whittle it down or call back and talk to a different one. They key is be nice, polite, mention other providers, and you should do ok. And you dont have to have an HD TV for the HR20 to work. Get them to install the new 5 LNB dish for free as well.

Call Directv and ask for retention group. Let them know you were thinking about going with Dish Network for their HD DVR which is free or FIOS or cable in your area. See if they offer you a deal on the HR20 HD DVR which has OTA. Folks have received free to $200. If you cant swing the first offer, try to whittle it down or call back and talk to a different one. They key is be nice, polite, mention other providers, and you should do ok. And you dont have to have an HD TV for the HR20 to work. Get them to install the new 5 LNB dish for free as well.

I am already a customer and have the HR20 already, they told me I have to pay 299 for another one.

How long ago did you get the HR20? If over 6 months ago, try again. It never does hurt to try. You can always get programming offsets. And if you didnt get a deal the first HR20, then this time you should get one. Never hurts to try.

Been with DTV for about 10 months now, I got this upgrade for 199 about 6 months ago in 3 payments, so it want that bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts