Dumb questions about Dish

Over $100. But since THEY broke their commitment by jerking TNT-HD off every Sunday, they've already said I wouldn't have to pay it. They refuse, however, to refund the $199 upgrade fee for the HD-DVR. For that, I'm taking it to the BBB.

Glad to hear their waiving the $100 but I think your stuck for the $199. I've read several posts over time that have said equipment upgrades on new installs are not refundable. I'd pay the $199 to protect your credit rating and then fight it if I were you. You'll probably have to return all receivers also. Good Luck!

Glad to hear their waiving the $100 but I think your stuck for the $199. I've read several posts over time that have said equipment upgrades on new installs are not refundable. I'd pay the $199 to protect your credit rating and then fight it if I were you. You'll probably have to return all receivers also. Good Luck!

They already got their payment for the $199 :( So, at least my credit isn't in danger. And I doubt I'll ever get a penny of that back. But, I'm still sending it to the BBB, because it's the principle of the thing. I ponied up that $199, in part, because I thought I was going to be receiving certain HD channels, only to find out they decided to turn one off every Sunday. That's not right, and I would've gone with a competitor if I'd known it from the beginning. They got my money by not telling me what I was REALLY going to be getting.

If I get a poor english speaking csr, I rudely interrupt them and and tell them to refer me to their supervisor. So far the supervisor has good english speaking skills and I complement them on it.
Works for me. Dave.

I have a 622. I record HD and simultaneously watch what I've already recorded in HD or watch a live HD program - do it all the time. Your operator was misinformed.

Why not give one of your local dish retailers a chance to to explain your questions and to do your install. I think you will be pleasantly suprised by the service and information you can get from a local person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)