dump 612 for the 211k worth it?

moab_dan

Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Seems like it would be cheaper in the long run to get a 211k with an ED and pay the one time DVR fee than it is to keep paying the monthly DVR fee on a 612.
Good idea or am I over looking something?

Dan

The 211/211k only has one sat tuner so you can not watch a different sat program while recording another one. You can of course watch a sat program while recording an OTA program or vice versa. Other than that I have had zero problems with the 211K/external drive. There is a 722 in the house I can watch in the rare instances that I need to watch and record different sat programs at the same time.

Personally, I really like the 211k/hard drive combo.

It all depends on how many things you record. as stated above the 211/211k only have one satellite tuner so you can't record one thing while watching another. You also may wnat to wait until they have all the kinks worked out of the system. If you search for problems with the 211/211k and the external hard drive capability. Many people are currently having software problems with this right now, so if you decide to go for it, it may behoove you to wait for a little while longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)