Dumped Turbo and I got a deal (!?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joeyjojojnr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Well, it's been a year and I can't say I've been thrilled with Dish, but it's OK, I guess.

I logged in to cancel Platinum to save a few bugs and then, as usual, got a little lost on Dish's site.

From what I can tell, Turbo packages aren't sold anymore. But they offer (at least to new subscrbers), Bronze 100 + HD/Platinum for a lot less than I was paying.

I logged in to live chat and ended up somehow getting switched to Bronze 100 + HD/Platinum (+retained my locals and DVR + extended Cinemax for a penny for one more year) with *no* contract extension + $10 per month discount = $3 less than I was paying already.

So, hey, Dish impressed me for once! And the kids will be thrilled to finally be able to watch SpongeBob.

You could have just got Platinum for free and saved $10/month. But still glad you are happy - especially about SpongeBub.

Make sure and check your bill, and don't be surprised if you got into another 24 month contract.

Good call. Will put a reminder on the calendar to check that.

I did keep the transcript of the chat where he states after I asked there they'll keep me on the current contract. Not sure if that would have any sway, of course...

Maybe enough people are bailing that they're easy switch people over...

How long does the $10 discount last? Is it for the next 12 months or is it a continual deduction of $10 from your bill for as long as you have the package?

I have Turbo myself and wish I had the HD channels that have been left in the dust. Looking for a good deal.

Sorry. That's too bad. I'm in the Absolute world so I thought platinum was free for any other HD subs.

@Hampton80 the $10/month discount is for 12 months.

I assume by then the packages will all be switched around again anyways.

I wouldn't call it the greatest deal ever, but I am paying a few bucks less, and got a couple extra channels.

Which Turbo HD plan did you switch from? I'm on Bronze and if I could get a deal where I get the Classic Bronze plus HD & platinum for a similar price I'd switch. As it is I would go from about $57 including the encore pack up to about $77 plus taxes. If the difference wasn't $20 per month I'd consider it.

@purwater I had Turbo Bronze + Platinum + Locals + DVR + 1 penny Cinemax

After the chat, I think I ended up with:

Classic Bronze + HD/Patinum Bundle + Locals + DVR + 1 penny Cinemax (extended for another year) - $10/month for one year

Which ended up being $3 less per month for me.

I don't see a huge difference in channels but I know I gained Nick, Fox News, VH1 and MTV. This kids (and, admittedly, myself as well) are happy to have SpongeBob back.

@purwater I had Turbo Bronze + Platinum + Locals + DVR + 1 penny Cinemax

After the chat, I think I ended up with:

Classic Bronze + HD/Patinum Bundle + Locals + DVR + 1 penny Cinemax (extended for another year) - $10/month for one year

Which ended up being $3 less per month for me.

I don't see a huge difference in channels but I know I gained Nick, Fox News, VH1 and MTV. This kids (and, admittedly, myself as well) are happy to have SpongeBob back.

Thanks for the info. I might have to give them a call or chat online. See what kinda deal they might give me. If not I'll hang with my current package for a good price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)