SHVERA BIll Amended With New Elements

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Rep. Boucher Wants FCC To Examine Nielsen DMAs, Determine Eligibility Requirements For Distant Signals

John Eggerton

The bill also includes allowing Dish Network back into the distant network signal-delivery business in exchange for its agreeement to deliver local signals in all 210 markets, which it has agreed to to within two year.
Source & More: multichannelnews.com

Rep. Stupak pushed for specific date, says promise better be fulfilled

John Eggerton

In a letter cited in a satellite hearing markup Thursday by local-into-local proponent Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.), DISH agreed Wednesday night to a two-year time frame, from passage of a satellite reauthorization bill, to deliver local TV station signals to the 28 remaining unserved markets.
Source & More:broadcastingcable.com
http://www.multichannel.com/article/358232-SHVERA_BIll_Amended_With_New_Elements.php

BIG win for Charlie and rural DBS subs.
Kinda funny this gets announced the day NIMIQ 5 goes online; guess e* wanted to make sure it could live up to the promise before making the concession. Either way, does d* have a time frame for the whole 210 or does their current ability to offer distant locals make them exempt?

AAD vs. DISH

I wonder how this will affect DISH's relationship with AAD. Will DISH just take over the Chicago-LA hd, and the NY-SF sd feeds now provided by AAD. Also, does anyone have any feel as to how long we're looking for DISH to be able to provide distant network service...is it immediate, or when some docs are signed?

Will this again open up "significantly-viewed" stations from adjacent DMAs? For my county it would mean also being able to watch Denver ABC, CBS, and NBC--in addition to all the Colorado Springs stations. This would also improve my signal strength issue for those networks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)