Multi Sport Package blackout question - not a live game

JAF

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I just signed up for the Multi Sport Package a few weeks ago so I'm not sure what gets blacked or not. I know live pro sports are out as has been covered here many times in the past. I was flipping around tonight and noticed these two shows were not available, channel 424 - "Redskin Nation" and channel 429 - " Bear Recap". These are just weekly wrap up shows. Shouldn't these be available? If not, why?

Thanks

I just signed up for the Multi Sport Package a few weeks ago so I'm not sure what gets blacked or not. I know live pro sports are out as has been covered here many times in the past. I was flipping around tonight and noticed these two shows were not available, channel 424 - "Redskin Nation" and channel 429 - " Bear Recap". These are just weekly wrap up shows. Shouldn't these be available? If not, why?

Thanks

Perhaps they violate the NFL boundary restrictions and/or the time restriction for replays - for example there is a time limit (24 hours if I remember correctly - can't find the reference ) for MLB until replays can be seen outside the local area

Follow up. I received this from Dish.

"Thank you again for your patience earlier and I apologize that I could not get an answer for you at that time. Since then I have gotten together with someone from our technical operations group to confirm the blackouts on those shows. All though most blackouts will apply to games, I did find that the blackouts for those shows were imposed correctly and since those teams are outside of your market area, we were forced to black those shows out. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer, have a great day!"

It all depends on the league. MLB (and apparently NFL as well) will black out a lot more than live games.

For instance, Red Sox shows on NESN and Yankees shows on YES that show more than a few highlights will be blacked out out-of-market even for games months ago. Why MLB feels it has to black out a Red Sox replay from last summer is beyond me, but they do.

Edit - Apparently YES may black out "Yankeeography" and classic Yankee replays from the 40s / 50s / 60s. The blackout on these may have gone away for a while but may be back in 2009 (I've seen conflicting info, and as a Dish customer I can't check myself). Why MLB is unwilling to let someone watch a 1950's broadcast is beyond me ...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts