Dumpster Diving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NiteOwl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Pennsylvania
I went dumpster diving last night and picked up a couple of dishes. The Muzak service next door chucked a 1 meter Channel Master and a 30" fiberglass dish with LNBs on them. They also threw away 3 non-invasive roof mounts. Now I just have to get them on the roof and hook them up!:D

I couldn't believe they tossed a perfectly good 1m dish. I think I have a dish for my ASC-421 lnbf.

Great find!!! Testimonials like these give me the inspiration to go out and find another dish or two :) I really am in need of another non-pen roof mount for the ol' T-90 project as well...

I have that type of mount. But using it on the ground. Big cinder blocks and working well for the 18" dish.

A friend of mine brought back a 76cm ChannelMaster fiberglass dish on a non-penetrating mount after a visit to a radio hilltop. People abandon all kinds of neat stuff up there...get to know your local amateur radio repeater owners and other radio site techs :)

Pics would be GREAT if you find some time. :D

NiteOwl said:
I went dumpster diving last night and picked up a couple of dishes. The Muzak service next door chucked a 1 meter Channel Master and a 30" fiberglass dish with LNBs on them. They also threw away 3 non-invasive roof mounts. Now I just have to get them on the roof and hook them up!:D

I got one of those Muzak dishes a few years ago. A resturant was tossing it.

I'm using it now. Works great. I still have the original LNB on it. Single polarity but otherwise its a standard 11.7 ~ 12.2 GHz LNB.

Tron said:
) I really am in need of another non-pen roof mount for the ol' T-90 project as well...

I always pick up a few of them in spring from service calls...from techs who couldn't get a pole in somebody's yard that winter :)

NiteOwl said:
. The Muzak service next door chucked a 1 meter Channel Master and a 30" fiberglass dish with LNBs on them.

I know what Muzak is but I'm just wondering...do you mean the actual company is near you or a company used it to pick up muzak music?

I see dishes on businesses all the time but I always thought they would have some internal stuff rather than just straight muzak. If it wasn't for the internal stuff at work I probably would have been fooling around with it on the roof during lunch :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)