Dune (2020)

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
Saw this earlier today. Has inspired me to read the book again before I see the movie. Read the paperback many many years ago. Fresh new copy on my Kindle.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Thanks for the trailer.

I’ll avoid it like the plague.

I prefer the original. Pointless remake.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Saw this earlier today. Has inspired me to read the book again before I see the movie. Read the paperback many many years ago. Fresh new copy on my Kindle.
I read the book as teenager and enjoyed it. Many years later the David Lynch movie came out, and I thought he did well for the technology available then. I don't know if any movie can live up to the scope of the novel, but I'll check this one out when I can.

long_time_DNC

Politically Incorrect
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
Read the original Frank Herbert trilogy when I was in High School and college. Then, about 20 years later, re-read them again and everything else that was written by his son.

Granted, everything after God Emperor isn't as good as the original 3, but hey, it was Dune and consequently, held my interest.

The original movie (and it's various extended cuts) did well, except for the ending, to live up to Herbert's original, but c'mon, nothing is going to capture that trilogy on the big screen. Sci-fi tried it with a mini-series and while it's a valiant effort, it feels too much like a Broadway production.

I'll watch this new remake, but based on that trailer, my expectations aren't terribly high...

Reactions: navychop