DUO Node on a 1 Hopper/2 Joey System?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
Can I use a DUO Node on a 1 Hopper/2 Joey system in anticipation of eventually getting a 2nd Hopper in the future?

TIA,

Bob

It will work, but it will be difficult to get the duo node. I am a tech and the offices in our region only got 5 duo's a piece and we are all out. If you upgrade to two in the future, which I suggest because the hopper needs a lot of software updates to get them to communicate, the tech will have one then, the activation process is a pain in the butt, and we have been going over it twice a day everyday.

I don't know why they would do it though. Duo node are more expensive that single nodes. If you decided to upgrade to a second Hopper in the future the installer would be required to swap out the node for free. No sense in putting the duo node in now.

Using both client outputs on the Duo Node should work, but just to be safe, I would split off of only the one on the side with the Hopper. As far as shortage of Duo Nodes, you can buy them for just under $60 from DishDepot.com. I personally like the idea of having the extra lines already run with the first install. But that is just me....

Thanks for all the responses.

My question was based on the possibility of buying the equipment rather than leasing.

I don't know why they would do it though. Duo node are more expensive that single nodes. If you decided to upgrade to a second Hopper in the future the installer would be required to swap out the node for free. No sense in putting the duo node in now.

Financial decisions are personal so it's arguing personal preference and value are going to be an exercise in futility. What I consider valuable/important someone else might not. Being able to add a hopper on an adhoc basis, might be important with the OP.

The technical merits are another matter entirely. There we're talking about what works vs what doesn't. Whether it's important or not is back to the paragraph above.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Financial decisions are personal so it's arguing personal preference and value are going to be an exercise in futility. What I consider valuable/important someone else might not. Being able to add a hopper on an adhoc basis, might be important with the OP.

The technical merits are another matter entirely. There we're talking about what works vs what doesn't. Whether it's important or not is back to the paragraph above.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

When I was talking about cost, I was talking about the cost to Dish or the retailer. As a retailer, we purchased that node and are to be reimbursed by Dish. If I put in a duo node for a single Hopper install I will only get paid for a single node. That's actually a good chunk of money I am out then. If the customer wanted me to do it I would if they would be willing to pay the difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts