Duplicate channels on Fortec Classic NA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
I have a Fortec classic lifetime NA (have had it for sometime) and I am crazy about blind scanning so I will clear a satellite when it gets cluttered and scan it again. That being said the last couple of weeks when I scan a satellite (both re-scan and a scan after clearing the channels) I will get duplicates of certain channels.

I was playing around with IA5 over the weekend and first I scanned (because I had not been on that bird in awhile) and I got some duplicates but not too many, So I cleared the satellite and did a blind scan (I scanned "all" using the lowest step, I also put on the network search). the scan yielded 205 channels a number of them that where dupes (I cant remember all the dupes but "Russia today" and "the miracle network" where two of many). Now this is not really a problem but it is kind of a pain to try and match them up to delete the dupes. It also likes to do this on IA6 as well. has anyone else had this problem?

dont use the Network scan. That might be the issue

I blind scan all the time on the Fortec and don't get dupes

ok I'll try that...the network scan is something I have recently started doing so it would make sense that that could be the culprit.

network scan is pretty much useless here in the US. It finds frequencies that have the same symbol rate but the only way I've seen it work is with a DBS satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts