Status
Please reply by conversation.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
Just my two cents after a couple of days use of the Fortec compared to the Coolsat:

The Good:

Accurate scanning.
The receiver shows new TPs found in white, old ones in blue-nice idea!
AC-3 works with no gimmicks or workarounds needed-big plus!
Manual PID entry is possible-this would not work on the Coolsat (all the time anyway).
Nice looking unit-the wife even mentioned that!
The menus seem to be setup very logically and the graphics are very nice!
When choosing a satellite with the “SAT” button you can also choose the channel-great feature!
The price is right-$133 shipped from Sadoun!

The Not So Good:

Scanning is slower.
Channel acquisition is slower.
The meter is a little jumpy.
When showing the channels found after a power scan it sometimes shows scrambled channels too for some reason.
Slow moving between birds, apparently due to the “moving to xxx satellite” screen which seems to stay on the screen for a default time period-even with short moves.
Small remote.

Now when someone comes up with a receiver that does 4:2:2 and HD for $299 they'll have something! Until then, I'll probably hang on to the Fortec!

W Tracy
When you go into the power scan to set parameters, one option is "FTA" or "All" :)

I had the same issue when I first got mine.

Ice,

This might be an issue with the Nimiq sats only. When I scan IA6 on Power Scan and FTA first it shows a screen with found TPs and then it shows a screen with found channels. That is where it shows channels from Nimiq (France HD, English HD and others). But when the scan ends, the channels are not logged as new channels-they only appear on the channels found screen. Hope I explained that ok! :)

yep. Seen that too. When I scan Nimiq1 it shows like 400 channels (most are $$) but when it saves they're all gone

One thing I dont like is when you blind scan and when its done, the satellite defaults to that one and to get your channel list back you hit "sat" then "all satellites" to get your jumbo list back :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)