Dutch tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dannymcenrow

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Detroit MI
Hi all first I want to congratulate all on this forum here that helped make this place a helpful place for people who has C band dishes.
Now here is my question.
Way back in the 90's when I lived here in MIchigan I had a C band system with a General instrument 4dtv receiver.
Then I went to the Netherlands Antilles to live and now I came back to Michigan.
I was so sad to see that almost nobody is into C band dishes anymore.
But my sister gave me her system that she never uses and that came with a 4dtv receiver but from Motorola.
And i bought an extra new receiver called Pansat so now I have to receiver.
I totally love the Pansat but to bad I can't use it with subsription services so I have to use the older 4dtv receiver.
But the thing is in the Netherlands Antilles I used to get a dutch channel called BVN tv on the local cable.
I was told that that channel is broadcasting worldwide via satelite including north America.
I went on their webside and they say I'm supposed to get it at AMC 3 transponder 21 KU.
Now the thing is my Pansat receiver only has 4 digit channel numbers so I can't input channel 21.
If i do it on the 4dtv receiver I also don't get anything because this channel is digital and digital requires 3 channel numbers on the 4dtv receiver and 4 on the pansat.
I'm able to get amc 3 I tried to scan but couldn't find the channel.
Do some of you know how I'm supposed to tune in with the Pansat or Motorola receiver?
And also another question.
Why did most channels like ESpn and those go off Satelite?
I remember back in the 90;s everybody wanted to come by my house to watch NFl because I got the most game.
Now they just go on cable and that's it?
I think they are terribly hurting themselfes because since C band is the future they are not gonna be able to get a lot of viewer in the future.

BVN is both on Satmex 6 @ 113W (12080 H 25634) and on AMC 4@ 101W (12119 V 30000). Both are FTA on KU band and you can get them with your Pansat receiver. If your dish is only c Band you can get a c/ku lnbf for it or set up a fixed ku dish (33" or larger). You should be able to get reception on either sat from your location. Check the
for more details.

As for the ESPN question maybe someone else more learned on those details may be able to help you.

Yes I have Ku band but the thing is I can't tune in like you described here.
The Pansat only accepts four digit numbers for the chanel so I need to know the four digit number to tune in otherwise I can't tune in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)