DVB and Mytheatre questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtantaudio

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Indiana
ok, I am new to this FTA setup stuff, but I have gathered and installed all my equipment.

mounting pole is perfectly vertical.
DMS SG2100 motor
Fortec 80P 31" dish
Invacom QPH-031 LNB
Twinhan DVB card
all new cabling

Everything aligned at true south

Motor tilted at latitude setting 41 degrees
dish elevation at 24 degrees

cabling is as follows:

DVB card --- Motor --- DisEqC switch ---LNB

Using Mytheatre for interface to card

DisEqC commands to motor work, motor turns east & west when I use the position console in Mytheatre

I used a generic satellite signal meter to help fine tune the alignment.

signal meter seems to receive multiple satellite signals as I manually move the motor east and west using the manual controls on the underside of the motor.

I have two questions: what is my true south satellite? in Mytheatre, there are several to choose from, but I do not understand the position degrees in the menu, and I have no idea what satellite I am currently aiming at....

perhaps my true south satellite is not even listed in Mytheatre, if that is the case, where can I find the files (.ini) to update the locations in Mytheatre ?

second question: have I set everything up right? are there any recommendations....?

Thank you

True south satellite = your longitude

So for your location it is AMC 16 (85.0 West) in Mytheatre that would be listed as
(360-85=) 275 degrees.

Go here; SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Calculators :: AZ/EL Calculator

Verify your location is correct, then down at the bottom of the page click on "Export data in CSV format of all visible satellites at your location" This will give your a print out showing each satellite and it's motor angle. The motor angle will be the angle shown on the pointer for the motor, great tool for when your true south satellite is weak or a couple of degrees off from true south.

Thank you jerryt, I really appreciate all the info.

If you know.... how do you go about finding the .ini files to update mytheatre.... I guess what I am trying to say is that the satellite AMC 16 is not listed in mytheatre... and perhaps some of the information that is in mytheatre for the satellites listed may be out of date... can I find a plave that allows me to update the info?

Second... if I want to put in transponders manually into mytheatre, how do I go about figuring out what transponder are on each satellite and which ones have information on them that I can receive?

Thank you

Thank you jerryt, I really appreciate all the info.

If you know.... how do you go about finding the .ini files to update mytheatre.... I guess what I am trying to say is that the satellite AMC 16 is not listed in mytheatre... and perhaps some of the information that is in mytheatre for the satellites listed may be out of date... can I find a plave that allows me to update the info?

Second... if I want to put in transponders manually into mytheatre, how do I go about figuring out what transponder are on each satellite and which ones have information on them that I can receive?

Thank you
For the .ini file go here. JoshyFun's Transponders lists in TT INI format

Smith, P. - Currently I am using MyTheatre on the trial basis - apparently and as far as i can tell all features of the program work without having to purchase the program, but after 1 hour it shuts off automatically.... if you dont want to have it shut off you have to buy it... once I figure everything out I will pay whatever it costs in order to support the software developers....

As for the .INI files, are they correct? When I download them they are completley different than what comes with Mytheatre... does this mean that the transponders in Mytheatre are wrong... or old and out dated..... or are the new .ini files bogus ?

Thank you for your help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts