DVB modulator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Anyone ever played with a DVBS modulator? I was thinking of doing some tinkering.
I was thinking of taking a RCA signal and running it through a DVB modulator so that i could then pick up the video/audio feed on any DVBS satellite receiver.

I included a picture of a DVB modulator (back panel) and was wondering how you would feed analog audio/video into it.. I assume the Video would go into one of the BNC connectors, would another BNC be for audio?

Has anyone done this before?

Attachments

• screenshot.1490030302.jpg
    screenshot.1490030302.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: k.r.
Well, doing some research, it looks like you need an Encoder to work with the Modulator. Still researching...

Reactions: k.r.
More research leads me to believe, you need an encoder unless you have something that outputs in DVB-ASI. So, if my understanding is correct I could possibly use the DVB-ASI output on the DCII receiver into the ASI in-port of the modulator to then transfer a DCII signal to a DVBS signal. ??

Otherwise, i would need an encoder and input the analog video into the encoder which then sends the signal to the modulator into a DVBS signal.

Correct. If your source is already encoded, feed the modulator and output a DVB compliant carrier to be tuned with a DVB receiver. If a closed distribution system use LO: 0 and the IF between 950-2150MHz.

Your IF between 950-2150 Mhz is an important point, as I see there are IF outputs which are 75-150 Mhz, and under this situation, i would need an L-band output.

Well, it looks like that will just remain a fantasy thought. I cannot seem to find a modulator that i believe would do the trick for less than $200.oo and that's a bit too steep for Putz-in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts