dvb s-2 signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay silly question for anybody. I am using a OpenBox S-10 Model.
How do I know if I am receiveing a dvb s-2 signal?
When you first tune to a channel,there are icons across the bottom of the screen.They are too small for me to read,there may be one there I don't know about.I know there is one for mpeg4 and h264.

...icons across the bottom of the screen.They are too small for me to read...
I also would like to know what these mean. We can guess at some obvious ones.
From left to right: B I S V N CW ND CO EPG SUBT TTX $ Heart ?
The last three are: video resolution (480i / 720p), compression (MPEG / H.264), audio (MPEG1 / AC3)

yes the 8 icons bottom left tell you the encryption of the channel you're on i.e. lights up the letter s if your on a s2 channel just press info when you're on a channel and the screen pops up.
Thanks to leeds6 on a u.k. forum.

Sounds like he doesn't know what S2 is. The icons on the left side are encryption, yes, but there's nothing anywhere on any firmware I've ever seen to indicate if a channel is DVB-S2.

B=BISS, I=Irdeto, S=SECA?, V=Viaccess?, N=Nagravision, CW=CryptoWorks?, ND no idea, CO=Conax?, EPG=has EPG, SUBT=has subtitles (but I don't know if they work), TTX=has teletext, $=encrypted, heart=is on a favorites list. I think the next one is a lock, signifying locked out, but if you lock out a channel, I would assume that you wouldn't be able to tune to it to see this screen appear anyway! (But after all, can we ever accuse the programmers of thinking things through?)

Last edited:
B Betacrypt
I Irdeto
S Seca
V Viacess
CW Cryptoworks
ND NDS Videoguard
CO Conax
Firmware after april 2011 didn't do biss,it would be interesting to see if firmware prior to that even had an icon for biss.

Firmware after april 2011 didn't do biss,it would be interesting to see if firmware prior to that even had an icon for biss.
No icon for BISS, but all firmware since April/May 2010 that I've seen decodes BISS. Or I should say, cardsharing/network enabled firmware.

No icon for BISS, but all firmware since April/May 2010 that I've seen decodes BISS. Or I should say, cardsharing/network enabled firmware.

it fails with my tests,even though they brag about it in the file descriptions.
I am talking standalone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts