DVB-S-S2 receiver question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
Germany
Hello guys, I'm new to satellite television.
Could u please tell me, I've bought a dvb-s2 receiver.
Will it work in the USA ? thanks

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.
Most of the FTA signals in North America is now DVB-S2, so yes it should work.
Which receiver and model is it? Do you have a dish set up?
What satellite and channels are you after?

Edit: I see you are in Germany. So I guess you don't have a dish setup here, unless you own property here. :)

When I Googled it, that model only showed Russian or Ukrainian websites, but I found it on Ebay. My guess is that you will not have a North American satellite list and will have to add them or rename the sats that are in there, changing the settings where necessary. This is a common thing for any receivers not intended for or supported in North America. It looks like it decodes AC3 audio. You'll need to try it an let us know! Good luck!

When I Googled it, that model only showed Russian or Ukrainian websites, but I found it on Ebay. My guess is that you will not have a North American satellite list and will have to add them or rename the sats that are in there, changing the settings where necessary. This is a common thing for any receivers not intended for or supported in North America. It looks like it decodes AC3 audio. You'll need to try it an let us know! Good luck!

Hi. Could you please tell me, would it be possible if I send you the satellte receiver, will you test it (unfortunately Im not in the USA)?

No need to test, FSS satellite signals are the same anywhere in the world. The STB will receive FTA satellite signals. As said before, if North American satellite are not already populated in the lists, you may need to edit or add them to make it more user friendly.

Reactions: madmadworld
The question remains: what channels do you want to watch in the USA? Ku-band, C-band?
What purpose is it for, that you are focussed on only this receiver?
Has it 110V power supply, or only 230V power supply?

greetz, A33

Lyngsat will provide an accurate satellite list. Sathint is another good site. A typical North America satellite range is between 40w-139w. Just compare the satellite list in your receiver to the available satellites in these lists. Include only the FTA satellites with footprints in North America. If you are planning on using only a small dish, limit your satellites to KU bands only.

The question remains: what channels do you want to watch in the USA? Ku-band, C-band?
What purpose is it for, that you are focussed on only this receiver?
Has it 110V power supply, or only 230V power supply?

Focused on this receiver, because I'd like to sell it via amazon - that's the reason I'm asking will it work as a satellite dvb-s2 satellite receiver in the USA. And yes, it has a 110v power supply.

Probably something you should find out if you want to sell it on Amazon or discuss it on the forum. Unauthorized reception of encrypted programming is theft of service and we do not allow discussion of hacking or hack STBs on the forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)