DVB-S2 capable receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have no idea. Its not a NBC feed. Its a DVB-S2 feed on GE2 (AMC2, AMC16 whatever its called) :D
what ku sats have dvb-s2,so I can test the sonicview 8000,I dont have c-band yet,and i havnt been able to find the dvb-s2,in the set up of tp freq. it has dvb-s2,and btw what does pilot mean.

Welcome!!

I have a Coolsat 8100HD that is able to decode DVB-S2 8PSK signals. Last July when I bought it it was advertised as being compliant with the new DVB-S2 spec but recently the adds for the receiver fail to mention DVB-S2. Maybe because of the confusion with turbo 8PSK which, of course it doesn't do.

WELCOME! Kinda funny how that advertising stuff works:rolleyes:, I've e-mailed some vendors about features of various products and I've come to the conclusion that most don't have a clue what the products they sell can or cannot do....Satguys advertisers excepted of course:)

Thanks Starman, I enjoy reading the forum and picking up the latest news - you guys are great. Some DVB-S2 signals require a pilot set to "on" on my 8100HD (G14 I think it was). Anyway my main interest is NFL football pre-season feeds but I dabble in the hobby all year. My equipment is similar to yours - stuff I've collected recently and over the years.
Orbitron 10', C/Ku, 80cm on SG2100, Invacom Quad Lnbf, Genpix-Skywalker I , Coolsat 6000, Coolsat 8100HD, Digitrans DTE-7100/DTE-7150TA.

Thanks Starman, I enjoy reading the forum and picking up the latest news - you guys are great. Some DVB-S2 signals require a pilot set to "on" on my 8100HD (G14 I think it was). Anyway my main interest is NFL football pre-season feeds but I dabble in the hobby all year. My equipment is similar to yours - stuff I've collected recently and over the years.
Orbitron 10', C/Ku, 80cm on SG2100, Invacom Quad Lnbf, Genpix-Skywalker I , Coolsat 6000, Coolsat 8100HD, Digitrans DTE-7100/DTE-7150TA.

I haven't played with dvb-s2 yet, although I have had my eye on a few dvb-s2 capable pci cards, just a matter of finding which ones have the best driver support and I'll be off to the races. I agree, this is a great place to get the news and find out what the latest and greatest gizmo in satellite is.
Sounds like you have been in satellite for a while so your experience will be valuable in helping others here.

UPDATE:

I was finally able to lock the DVB-S2 8psk Equity Mux on my Diamond with a little fiddling. You have to use the Diamond channel editor to put the info in there...but it works! :up

:):):):):)

YES!!!

There is a guy on another forum that can do it too! Stogie you have a 7.5 ft dish right? What are your signals on that Diamond!

This is huge news!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE:

I was finally able to lock the DVB-S2 8psk Equity Mux on my Diamond with a little fiddling. You have to use the Diamond channel editor to put the info in there...but it works! :up
Hmmm..Interesting...I see Canadacomputers has a Promotional Cash Price on the Diamond 9000HD- PVR HD FTA Receiver for $349.00 Cdn. not bad!! and a good warranty..This is great that it does the Equity mux. S2

:):):):):)

YES!!!

There is a guy on another forum that can do it too! Stogie you have a 7.5 ft dish right? What are your signals on that Diamond!

This is huge news!!!!!!!!!!!!

signal is rockin'...86 quality. :D

I'll do a screenshot for y'all tomorrow. :up

EDIT:
Here ya go, My long-suffering Diamond Brothers & Sisters, behold, the DVB-S2 on the Diamond 9000 HD!

Attachments

• IMG_1391.JPG
    IMG_1391.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
so is the 123 west equity mux going to dvb-s2, and if so, does that mean you'll need a 6 foot or wider dish to pick up that mux?

no. KU works the same. If its on KU now, when they switch to DVB-S2 it will still be KU

There are muxes on AMC2/16 at 85W that are DVB-S2 and I locked them with my 30" dish (posted above)

so is the 123 west equity mux going to dvb-s2, and if so, does that mean you'll need a 6 foot or wider dish to pick up that mux?

Bottom line is no one can answer this question yet as they haven't changed it yet and we don't know what the parameters of the new signal will be and what FEC rate they'll be using. I will say this, 8psk does definitely tend to need a bigger dish. So, if they should go with 8psk modulation and run the FEC rates at something like 9/10, then you might not be far off with the 6' figure, if one wants to avoid losing signal every time it gets a little cloudy. If I were putting up a new dish right now and aiming it at G10 with thoughts of receiving those signals, I'd try to at least go with a good 1.2m as an absolute minimum. Notice I said "good" 1.2m.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)