DVB-S2 on C Band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There's some NBC feeds in S2 on AMC 18 at 105.
S2 on C-band requires a well tuned dish. Sports feeds use S2 on C band sometimes too.

thelist is not going to be the best option to see for S2 stuff I hate to say

Since I update thelist on the C-Band side (qwert does the KU) the only S2 receiver I have is a azbox that doesnt have a blind scan. Qwert uses a PC card for KU (he doesnt have a true C-Band dish) which can show that stuff much easier.

There is lots of S2 on C-Band but most is scrambled

Have never counted, but there is a ton of S2 on C-Band. I find it more of C-Band thing then KU. I use a 10' dish for C-Band.

If the 9200 would work with Channelmaster that would be great and would allow us to update thelist ;)

Have never counted, but there is a ton of S2 on C-Band. I find it more of C-Band thing then KU. I use a 10' dish for C-Band.

I agree. I've tuned much more S2 channels on C-band than Ku, although recently, more and more have been popping up on Ku.
I also find it MUCH easier to tune in the C-band transponders than the Ku transponders, although I don't have any good explanation for that, other than the fact that my C-band LNB (Norsat) is higher quality than my Ku LNBF (Invacom QPH-031).

I agree. I've tuned much more S2 channels on C-band than Ku, although recently, more and more have been popping up on Ku.
I also find it MUCH easier to tune in the C-band transponders than the Ku transponders, although I don't have any good explanation for that, other than the fact that my C-band LNB (Norsat) is higher quality than my Ku LNBF (Invacom QPH-031).

Larger antennas require much more accuracy for Ku performance. Tighter beamwidth with larger antennas.

Larger antennas require much more accuracy for Ku performance. Tighter beamwidth with larger antennas.

True, but once aligned they give excellent signal. Back when my Orbitron was still working on Ku, it got much better results than my 3' dish for DVB digital.

But in my recent case with S2 signals, I was doing the C-band on 10' dish, and the Ku on a 3' dish, so the beamwidth was essentially the same. I really suspect that the difference is most likely the difference in LNBs.

AMC18, S2 chanells

thelist is not going to be the best option to see for S2 stuff I hate to say

Since I update thelist on the C-Band side (qwert does the KU) the only S2 receiver I have is a azbox that doesnt have a blind scan. Qwert uses a PC card for KU (he doesnt have a true C-Band dish) which can show that stuff much easier.

There is lots of S2 on C-Band but most is scrambled

Which receiver do you think is the best to buy & see the s2 channels from AMC18. (Azbox ultra HD, openbox s9 or dreambox 500HD)

Which receiver do you think is the best to buy & see the s2 channels from AMC18. (Azbox ultra HD, openbox s9 or dreambox 500HD)
Both the AZbox Ultra and the openbox will do the job for you.The AZbox will cost you more but will do 4:2:2.Thec openbox is easier to use and cheaper but wont do 4:2:2.

DVB-S2 is becoming the standard now. Most cable channels and networks have switched to DVB-S2. Cband has lots of DVB-S2. Mostly encrypted though. Ku also has lots of DVB-S2. Mostly IPTV and IP data.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)