dvb-s2 Reception Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mucketbucket

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
louisville,ky
I am having a problem with some of the dvbs2 channels. I am getting some of them ok like 87w luken and some of the others but there are several I can't pick up like 137w even though I am getting a good signal on the other channels on that sat as well as some other sat's. I have a 10ft. cband dish with dmx741 lnb with the splitter at the receiver not the one on the lnb. I probably need to fine tune the sat but am not sure what I need to do as far as adjusting it. My ku and cband tps are getting good signals and the numbers (tp, sr, etc) are all matching up with the list here as well as the lynsat list. Any idea as to which way i might need to adjust the lnb to help the dvb-s2 problem, (in, out, turn, etc) or anything specific i need to check?

its not ur set-up..I'm having the same problem on 137 with some of their channels..black screen with just audio on some..I think their having some issues...

Make a list East to west. Which S2 don't come in. If it's those on the ends that don't come in well. Could be the azimuth is off. Could also be a combination of incorrect declination and elevation.
Only way to know for sure is to spend time understanding the tuning of the dish and checking it for all possibilities.
An easy way to determine if your declination is off, after peaking elevation at the center, is to adjust the azimuth on one side. Mark the pole/mount relationship. Then repeat azimuth adjustment on the opposite side. If the pole/mount relationship is not identical, the declination is off.
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html
Then there are variables that are unknown, and therefore cannot be controlled. I get all C band S2 signals published, across the arc from 137W to 55.5W, except I cannot get one transponder on 87W. Not even a sniff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts