DVB S2 with 6 Footer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you here could help me figure out if I would be able to get DVB S2 feeds with a 6 foot C-Band dish. I am thinking about getting a C-Band system in the near future and it seems that all I can find any where online is a 6 foot dish. I plan to try and get an AZBox Ultra (if I can find one, does anyone know a good place to get one?). I would like to get the RTV feeds on AMC-3 C-Band. I am in NW Alabama and AMC-3 is my due south satellite, so I don't know if that would help. All suggestions and answers would be appreicated.

Thanks,
Bobby

Im in Ontario Canada and receive that S2 TP and several others using a Fortec 6 ft dish, BSC422 LNB and either a S9 or DVB 2104D receiver. You should be fine if the dish is well tweaked.

I have the azbox ultra and get several s2 sigs on ku and c 6 ft dish plus a real good signal on RTV on AMC3.You can buy a AZbox ultra from ricks satellite!Also i think theres a place in florida and NJ that sells them.

there are actually a couple of s2 feeds i have a hard time locking with a 10' sami and Norsat PLL lnb's!! no system will get them all. i would imagine you will have a hard time getting the moderate to higher FEC s2 feeds with a smaller 6' dish.
i would honestly go for the 8'. i think sadoun sells a 4 panel 8' steel one like the 6.

Thanks for all of your replies. I am thinking that I might be happier with an 8 footer, WS International had one but I contacted them and they don't have them anymore. I will check Sadoun. Thanks again

...I am thinking that I might be happier with an 8 footer,
WS International had one but I contacted them and they don't have them anymore.
I will check Sadoun.
At one time, both above and SatelliteAV had 8' solid-segment dishes.
I don't see it on the SatAV site any more, but it would be wise to phone him (and WSI) and ASK (again) .
Tell them you are a member here, and we told you to pester them! - :up
If they have one left in the warehouse, or a lot of parts to make one, you might get a great deal.

Alternately, most of us have found very nice dishes by driving around, looking, and occasionally asking.
The two in my signature were found that way, and I'm not even a good example of finding such things. - :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)