DVB-S2 with 8PSK question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Das Hammer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Too close to Ohio
Fellas, just a quick question. Is DVB-S2 with 8PSK modulation (like what Equity uses on G28) the same here in North America as it is in Europe? Isn't it a "standard" system?

I happened to acquire a DVB-S2 box from overseas and have had zero results scanning in ANY DVB-S2, although the DVB-S HD portion works well.
I have tried several sats, all come in with other receivers or PCI cards, but not with this euro receiver.

So, before I claim bad tuner (manufacturer has already suggested a bad tuner) I want to make sure I am not trying to do the impossible.

I did notice when scanning it would say "scanning M8PSK". ?:confused:

A side note:
I plan to do a thorough review of this receiver, but rather difficult if it isn't working at the moment.

Most DVB-S2 recievers can Not Blind Scan for DVB-S2 TPs. You have to manually enter the TP info and scan.
If you don't mind, which receiver did you get?

I understand this. This receiver does not blindscan anything (even DVB-S) so I entered all information manually. Tried the Equity multiplex on G28, the encrypted stuffs on G14, even some of the items found in WUT, but still nothing.

Dreambox 800:D

Yes and yes. 5/6 for the G14 and 3/4 on the Equity @ G28.

I tried pilot on, off, and auto setting. Also tried different rolloff values and combinations thereof.

Hahah. I may have answered my own question in the first post.
The Equity mux comes in fine with the TechnoTrend PCI card, and that's from europe....so is this box. Should work, eh?

Yeah, fortunately I just have to send the tuner back (plug and play type tuners in this model like the 7025).

How do you like your 80CM dish? Is there anything on Ku you have problems getting? Do you ever wish you had a 90?

I have a big, flimsy FARTEC STAR 1.2meter dish and I'm tired of it.

I'm due east of you on the OH IN border. Should work well for me too then. I don't usually go further west than 123 on Ku, but I like to get over to 30W on the eastern side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)