DVB-T signal meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tvrohunter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Northwest Canada
So I purchased one of those DVB-T OTA signal meters for pure interest. It was $13 bucks and I got it the other day. I know that DVB-T signals aren't used in North America its ATSC. Even though they advertise ATSC on the sellers website. I have one OTA yagi pointed to my local signal hill. We only have one ATSC channel in my area. I connected the meter and after moving the antenna back and forth I got a reasonable half scale signal. I know this meter is very similar to a satellite finder it can't determine anything more than just a signal. Question is it just picking up the ATSC signal from the hill or just??? The bandwidth stamped on the bottom is 170-850mhz. Has me curious. I didn't have to much time to try and fine tune it.

So I purchased one of those DVB-T OTA signal meters for pure interest. It was $13 bucks and I got it the other day. I know that DVB-T signals aren't used in North America its ATSC. Even though they advertise ATSC on the sellers website. I have one OTA yagi pointed to my local signal hill. We only have one ATSC channel in my area. I connected the meter and after moving the antenna back and forth I got a reasonable half scale signal. I know this meter is very similar to a satellite finder it can't determine anything more than just a signal. Question is it just picking up the ATSC signal from the hill or just??? The bandwidth stamped on the bottom is 170-850mhz. Has me curious. I didn't have to much time to try and fine tune it.

If you happen to have an HD Homerun tuner, a much better signal meter would be the Signal GH app for Iphone and Ipad. That's what I use and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)